Beef and zucchini makes a quick evening meal or a great meal prep solution. Full of flavor and nutrition, it is ready is about 30 minutes.
This one pan skillet meal is a quick dinner. It is full of protein plus it’s gluten free and paleo and Whole30 friendly. It’s easy to turn this into four prepared lunches as well with meal prep instructions.
This meal is also versatile. You can change up the seasoning for a different flavor. Add some cayenne for a kick or lemon pepper for a bright taste.
What kind of potatoes are best for roasting?
Perfect oven roasted potatoes have a crispy crust and a fluffy interior. Russet potatoes get a very crispy crust and are super fluffy and soft inside. Yukon gold potatoes have a lower starch content so they aren’t quite as crisp. However, with their higher sugar content, they have more flavor.
Baby potatoes have been harvested before growing to their full size. This leaves them with a very thin skin and a sweet flavor. That makes them another great choice for roasting.
To achieve great tasting roasted potatoes, follow these tips:
- Cut all the pieces about the same size.
- Line your baking sheet with parchment paper so the potatoes don’t stick
- Spread them out as much as possible. Anywhere the potatoes are touching will not get crispy.
- Use high heat. I cook mine at 400F. You actually want the outside to get done faster than the inside.
What kind of meat do you use for beef and zucchini?
When you purchase a package labeled beef stew meat at the store, it could be nearly any cut of beef the butcher decided to include. Just ask if you want to know exactly what kind of cut it is.
Both the chuck and round cuts make great stew meat and will work for this recipe. These cuts are tough, but once you cut them in small pieces, they will cook nicely and become tender. These cuts have lots of connective tissue that breaks down as it cooks, leaving the meat tender and flavorful.
How to meal prep beef and zucchini
This is a great recipe to keep in mind for meal prep. It’s a simple meal, yet packed with protein, starches and vegetables. It’s all cook in one pan and can be stored together.
This recipe makes four servings. Once it is cooked and cooled, divide the meal into four portions and store. It will last in the refrigerator for four days. Your lunches will be ready to go when you are.
More meal-prep ideas for you:
- Tuna Salad Meal Prep Bowls
- Meal Prep Recipe for Chicken and Vegetables
- Garlic Shrimp and Veggies Meal Prep Bowls
- Shrimp Vegetable Skillet (Meal Prep)
- Salmon Patties with Coleslaw Meal-Prep Bowls
- Easy Roasted Veggies Meal-Prep Bowls
- Low-Carb Shrimp Fajita Meal-Prep Bowls
- Spicy Chicken Meal-Prep Bowls
Quick Beef and Zucchini Skillet (Meal-Prep)
For the potatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups baby potatoes - diced
- salt and black pepper
For the potatoes
- Preheat oven to 400 F degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add potatoes, olive oil, salt and black pepper. Mix everything very well to combine.
- Place the potatoes in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until browned and tender. Turn potatoes after 20 minutes.
- While potatoes are in the oven, cook the beef and zucchini by placing steak bites, onion powder, Italian seasoning, salt and black pepper in a bowl. Mix everything together well.
- Add olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Once the pan is hot, place the steak bites in the skillet in a single layer. If your skillet it’s not so large, don’t overload it.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes and don’t forget to stir.
- Add butter and garlic to the skillet. Cook for about 1 minutes or until the butter is totally melted and the garlic is cooked.
- Add zucchini and cook for more 3 minutes or until zucchini is tender.
- Remove potatoes from the oven and add to the beef and zucchini skillet. Mix everything well and garnish with fresh thyme.
- Place an even amount of beef, zucchini and potatoes into 4 different medium glass containers. Cover with the lid and place in the fridge for up to 4 days. Heat in the microwave for about 1.5 or 2 minutes. Enjoy!
If you make this recipe, follow @primaverakitchen on Instagram, snap a photo and hashtag it #primaverakitchen. I'd love to see what you're making!