Super easy to make, this Low-carb Egg Roll in a Bowl with Sautéed Kale is all you need to feel satisfied. It’s packed with flavour and it’s ready in less than 30 minutes. It also reheats well and tastes delicious the next day, making it the perfect dish for easy low carb meal prep.
This Low-carb Egg Roll in a Bowl with Sautéed Kale recipe is packed with Asian flavours and it’s healthy, delicious, paleo, whole30 friendly that is the perfect recipe to make during your busy weeknight dinner.
It’s a very versatile recipe that if you don’t enjoy an ingredient, you can simply replace it. For example, you can replace ground pork for ground beef or ground turkey. Or you can replace cabbage slaw for broccoli and carrot slaw. Or if you have some leftover vegetables, use them too and it will be delicious anyway. You also can use soy sauce instead of coconut aminos or teriyaki. Feel free to change things up and make this recipe calls your name 😉
If you’re on a low-carb diet, I’ve really been enjoying this Garlic Butter Sautéed Zucchini, Zucchini Lasagna Roll Recipe, 4-Ingredient Chicken Zucchini Rolls, and Easy Instant Pot Chicken Stew lately. They’re so easy to make and so delicious despite being low-carb!
Which ingredients you need to make this Low-carb Egg Roll in a Bowl with Sautéed Kale:
- GroundPork: You can use a lean ground turkey to make this recipe even healthier if you prefer.
- Red onions: For extra flavour! Love onions, but if you don’t, you can totally remove it.
- Cabbage Slaw: I used a mix bag that contains cabbage, broccoli and carrot.
- Ginger, garlic and green onions: All these goodies are making me hungry.
- Bragg Liquid Aminos: I use this brand because it’s an alternative to soy sauce and it’s very low carb, which has 0.6 grams net carbs in 1 tablespoon. However, you can use coconut aminos if you want to make this recipe whole30 or paleo friendly
Tips to make this delicious low-carb meal-prep recipe:
- To make meal-prep less time consuming, I would suggest you to buy pre-chopped coleslaw and cruciferous veggies mixes. I always buy slaw bags because all the work is done for me, and I just need to sauté the veggies in the skillet. Super easy! Want to make your own? Try my Super Easy Broccoli Kale Slaw Salad.
- Make sure to not add salt in the egg roll mix because the Liquid Aminos is a bit salty.
- Ginger and sesame oil help to bring all the Asian flavour to this dish, but if you don’t have these two ingredients, you can still make this recipe. Just skip the ginger and use olive oil instead. The flavours will be different but it will be good.
- You also can totally make this recipe vegan, but replacing ground pork for scrambled tofu.
Please, if you try this recipe let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy it 😉
More Meal-Prep Recipes to Try:
Subscribe for new recipes & a free e-cookbook
For the Egg Roll
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 cup red onion diced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger minced
- 1 lb heritage breed ground pork
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce I used Frank’s
- 12 oz 340g coleslaw bag
- 3 tablespoons liquid soy seasoning or coconut aminos for Whole30/paleo or Tamari for gluten-free option)
- Green onions for garnishing sliced
For The Sautéed Kale
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 bunch of kale chopped
- In a large skillet, heat sesame oil over medium-high heat.
- Add red onions and sauté for about 4 minutes. Then, add garlic and ginger and sauté for about a minute, until fragrant is released.
- Add ground beef and season with salt and black pepper. Cook and break it up with a spatula, until it is cooked through and no longer pink. It’s about 7 minutes.
- Add hot sauce and mix well to combine.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add the coleslaw mix and liquid soy seasoning. Stir well and cover the skillet. Cook for about 3-5 minutes, until it’s tender. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl whisk together all the ingredients for the hot mayo sauce.
- Place an even amount of egg roll into 4 different glass containers.
- In the same skillet, add olive oil over medium-low heat. Add garlic and sauté for 30 seconds. Add kale and stir until wilted. Place kale in the meal-prep bowls too. Drizzle the sauce over the egg roll bowls. Enjoy!
Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate.