Garlic Butter Steak Bites are a delicious and easy way to enjoy a steak dinner on a weeknight. This skillet steak recipe is quick to make; dinner is ready in 15 minutes!
What cut of steak is best for pan frying?
A tender cut of steak is best for pan frying. These include sirloin, ribeye, tenderloin and skirt steak. Pan frying uses a dry heat. A delicious brown crust forms on the outside of the steak bites while cooking it this way. However, it can dry the steak out a bit. Pick a tender cut of meat so it is not negatively affected by the cooking method. For example, for my Pan Seared Steak with Mushrooms (Web Story) and Skillet Garlic Butter Steak Recipe (Web Story), I used New York Strip.
Also look for a bit of marbling in the steak. Too much fat will make the steak bites chewy while too little will leave it without the flavor you expect in a good steak.
How do you properly season a steak?
Use a light hand when seasoning steak. A little olive oil with salt and pepper is plenty. If you want to add a little extra flavor, try some of these herbs and spices:
- Onion powder
- Chili powder
A sirloin steak does not need to be marinated because it is already tender enough. Just rubbing some spices onto the meat will create a full flavor.
How to cook steak bites
Steak does not need a lot of preparation to be delicious. Following these few tips will help you make the best steak bites.
- Take the steak out of the refrigerator 30 minutes before cooking. It cooks better when it is at room temperature.
- Use a cast iron pan if you have one available.
- Rub oil on the steak. If you use cast iron, you won’t even have to put oil in the pan.
- Heat your pan to medium-high. The seasonings won’t burn at this temperature, but it’s high enough to brown the exterior of the meat.
- Don’t add the steak until the pan is hot.
- Don’t stir the steak in the pan until it has seared.
How do you use steak bites?
This easy to make steak recipe is a great basis for meals. Steak bites are a fantastic source of protein. With no carbs, they are keto and Whole30 friendly. Because they are bite sized, they cook in just five minutes.
This recipe works great for meal prep. You can have a large batch of steak bites prepared and ready to add to any meal. Serve the steak on top of a salad, rice, or spiralized veggies. Use it as an appetizer or eat it as the main dish at dinner. I love serving it with this Cabbage Steak Recipe or Cauliflower Bites too!
They are great for the whole family and they fit the needs of nearly any diet. Plus, kids will love that they don’t need to struggle with a whole steak to enjoy the taste.
Other easy skillet recipes to try:
- Pan Seared Steak with Mushrooms
- Garlic Butter Mushrooms Skillet
- Skillet Chicken Fajitas Recipe
- Chicken and Bell Peppers Skillet
- Ground Turkey Skillet with Green Beans Recipe
- Italian Sausage, Onions and Peppers Skillet
Subscribe for new recipes & a free e-cookbook
- In a glass bowl, add steak bites, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and black pepper. Mix everything well.
- Add olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Once the pan is hot, place the steak bites in the skillet in a single layer (if necessary work in batches). Don’t overload your skillet.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring often.
- Add butter and garlic to the skillet. Cook for about 1 minutes or until the butter is totally melted and the garlic is cooked.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and coat the meat in the sauce.
- Sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley and serve.
Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate.