Looking for a gluten-free and low-carb snack, side dish or appetizer? What about this ultra-flavorful Low-Carb Cauliflower Bites made without flour.
I constantly receive emails from my subscribers asking me to make more low-carb recipes that are flavorful, easy to make and requires simple ingredients that they can already have in the fridge. So, I thought about making these low-carb cauliflower bites. They are what we are all looking for, which means they are low-carb, gluten-free, easy to make … And on top of that, you will find the ingredients are simples to find in any food store such as cauliflower, Parmesan, mozzarella cheese, bacon, eggs, tomatoes, and avocado.
This is one of the recipes you can have for breakfast, snack time, appetizer, and even as a side dish. I actually made these cauliflower bites last Sunday and we had them for lunch along with roasted fresh Italian sausage and some green salad. Mm… It was so yummy!
But before jumping to the recipe, I would like to give you some tips to make sure your cauliflower bites will be as delicious as mine.
Subscribe for new recipes & a free e-cookbook
First, you need to wring out any excess water using a kitchen towel or cheesecloth. Why is this step important? It will avoid your bites from becoming soggy and we want them to be crispy.
Second, do not fill the muffin tins with the cauliflower mixture to the top. These bites should be thin otherwise they won’t be crispy on the outside.
And last but not least, form small crumbs from the cauliflower florets. It will help all the ingredients combine well.
Done! Now you are ready to enjoy this delicious recipe!
- 6 strips bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon chipotle chili pepper
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 ¼ cup shredded mozzarella cheese save some for garnishing
- 1 teaspoon green onions chopped (save some for garnishing)
- Optional: diced cherry tomatoes diced avocado and feta cheese for topping.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a food processor, add cauliflower florets and pulse until it forms small crumbs.
- Then place the cauliflower crumbs in cheesecloth or kitchen towel and wring out any excess water (This part is very important to avoid your cauliflower bites become soggy)
- Pour cauliflower crumbles and all the remaining ingredients into a large bowl and mix well to combine.
- Grease a muffin tin with cooking spray or olive oil.
- Fill each one with approximately 2 tablespoons.
- Top with a sprinkle of mozzarella cheese and green onions. Bake for 20-22 minutes, or until lightly golden.
- Optional: Garnish with chopped cherry tomatoes, avocado in cubes and feta cheese before serving.
- Grate and shred your own parmesan cheese! I know it can be a little bit of extra work but it melts much more smoothly compared to pre-shredded cheese.
- You can buy pre-cut cauliflower (ie cauliflower rice) to save time on prepping.
- You can divide the mixture in half and use a different cheese (such as cheddar) for half to change up the taste.
- To store: Store leftover cauliflower bites in an airtight glass container for up to 3 days in the fridge. You can also use a silicone or Ziploc bag to store them.
- To reheat: Reheat in the microwave for 30 to 60 seconds.
- To freeze: Transfer the cauliflower bites to a freezer-safe bag for up to 3 months.
Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate.
If you like this Low Carb Cauliflower Bites recipe, please share with your friends and family. Do you want to taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Google+, Instagram, and Facebook for all delicious recipes updates. As always, I really appreciate you stopping by.
More recipes to try!