This Mushroom Cauliflower Rice Skillet is a delicious low-carb, paleo, whole30 and vegan/vegetarian main dish for dinner. And, it’s done in only 20 minutes.
If you read Primavera Kitchen often, you know that I’m all about one-pan/skillet recipes. I have lots of these types of recipes on my blog and the most popular recipes are Ground Turkey Sweet Potato Skillet, Asparagus Sweet Potato Chicken Skillet, Ground Beef Zucchini Sweet Potato Skillet, and Shrimp Vegetable Skillet. Why do I love skillet recipes? Well, the answer is so simple: it’s easy and quick to make and clean up is a breeze. For a busy mom like me, these three points are very important when I’m cooking.
I also like the fact that you can always sneak some vegetable in these skillet recipes. Don’t you agree? I love adding some asparagus, sweet potato, broccoli, green beans, and, of course, cauliflower. This one is great because it’s so versatile and goes well with everything. Cauliflower rice is my thing at the moment.
At my local grocery store, I now can find cauliflower rice that’s ready to cook. It’s so convenient and cuts my time in half when I’m cooking with cauliflower. However, I know that it’s not very easy to find cauliflower rice everywhere. So, on the instructions below I explained how to make your own cauliflower rice. And if you love cauliflower like me, I have lots of cauliflower recipes here.
This Mushroom Cauliflower Rice Skillet recipe includes ingredients that you probably already have on hands such as:
- Lots of mushroom and fresh spinach. I just think this combo works really well and adds more nutrition to your dish.
- You’ll also need onions, celery, and garlic.
- And of course cauliflower, which will turn into “rice” and it will be the base for this recipe.
This Mushroom Cauliflower Rice Skillet is made with all these simple ingredients that the whole family will enjoy and more importantly these are all great veggies for your body.
You can serve this Mushroom Cauliflower Rice Skillet recipe with:
I have to say that this Mushroom Cauliflower Rice Skillet recipe is delicious on its own. So if you are vegetarian or vegan, this is the perfect dinner recipe for you. But, if you don’t follow a vegetarian or vegan diet/lifestyle, you can pair this dish with some delicious salmon, chicken, or even boiled eggs. Below I listed my favourite seafood and chicken to go with this recipe:
- Garlic Butter Salmon in Foil: You only need 20-25 minutes to make this delicious salmon recipe. It’s an ultra-easy dinner to make during your busy weeknights.
- Garlic Butter Rainbow Trout in Foil: This recipe is ultra-easy to make and it only requires only 4 ingredients.
- Roasted Lemon Chicken Legs: This is full of flavors of the garlic, lemon, and herbs and it is perfect for a quick and delicious meal.
- Rosemary Lemon Roasted Chicken Breasts: Fresh rosemary, lemon juice, and garlic are three simple, yet flavorful ingredients that create this beautiful chicken recipe.
Should I use coconut aminos instead of soy sauce to make this mushroom cauliflower rice skillet recipe?
If you are on Whole30 or if you follow gluten-free and paleo diets you should use coconut amino to make this recipe since soy sauce contains gluten and it’s not allowed on Whole30. I highly recommend this one from Coconut Secret because it’s gluten-free, organic and has 70% less sodium than soy sauce. It’s also vegan and Non-GMO. They’re affordable, delicious and last a lot. You can get yours on Amazon easily here or at any natural/organic store.
Watch How to Make this Mushroom Cauliflower Rice Skillet Recipe:
Mushroom Cauliflower "Rice" Skillet Recipe
This Mushroom Cauliflower “Rice” Skillet is a delicious low-carb and vegan/vegetarian main dish for dinner. And, it’s done in only 20 minutes.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 stick celery, sliced
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- 1 big garlic clove, minced
- 3 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 14 oz. (400g) cauliflower rice (see instructions below on how to make the cauliflower rice)
- 1/3 cup vegetable broth
- Soy sauce to taste (If you are on Whole30 or following gluten-free/paleo diet you should use Coconut Aminos since it’s a soy sauce alternative.)
- 2 cups spinach
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- Pulse the cauliflower florets in a food processor for about 25-30 seconds until it’s a rice-like consistency. Set aside.
- In a large skillet add olive oil over medium heat.
- Add onions and celery and cook until tender about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add mushroom and sauté until it’s cooked through.
- Add the cauliflower rice, the vegetable broth, and soy sauce. Allow the cauliflower rice to absorb the vegetable broth. Cook until it is soft, but not mushy.
- Add spinach and cook for 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with chopped fresh parsley before serving. Enjoy!
If you love cauliflower recipes, bet you will love making Garlic Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower, this Sun-dried Tomato Pesto Cauliflower salad, this One-pot Cauliflower Curry recipe, this Spicy Roasted Cauliflower Recipe or this Spicy chicken with mashed cauliflower.
Here is a full list of cauliflower recipes that are great for eating healthier with less carbs. All these recipes are also great as leftovers.
This post contains affiliate links. For more information, please visit my disclosure page here.
Yield: 4, Serving Size: 1/4
- Amount Per Serving:
- Calories: 125
- Total Fat: 7.3g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Sodium: 300mg
- Carbohydrates: 9.8g
- Fiber: 4.2g
- Sugar: 4.4g
- Protein: 4.6g
This post contains affiliate links.// All images and text ©
If you make this recipe, please don't forget to snap a photo and hashtag it #primaverakitchen. I really want to see!
Products Featured in this Recipe:
(may include affiliate links)
And if you like this Mushroom Cauliflower Rice Skillet recipe, please share with your friends and family. Do you want to taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Google+, Instagram, and Facebook for all delicious recipes updates. As always, I really appreciate you stopping by.