Ready to have a delicious Halloween treat without feeling guilty? I bet you are, so make these Gluten-free Halloween Brownies with your kids using only almond butter, instead of regular flour!
Halloween is right around the corner so it’s time to share some Halloween treats with you this month. Growing up in Brazil I had never celebrated this cool and fun holiday just because it’s not traditional there. Well, some English schools organize little parties with the kids, but definitely Halloween is not party of the Brazilian culture, which is too bad!
However, since I immigrated to Canada I have learned to love this holiday and think it’s a great time to taste some fun treats. Don’t you think? But neither you nor your kids need to go crazy and have a sugar coma… hahhahaha. There are lots of healthy dessert options online such these gluten-free Halloween brownies that you can make with your kids and have fun!
The batter base of these brownies is almond butter instead of flour. It’s great to add more protein and omega 3 to your diet. These Gluten-free Halloween Brownies are also made with honey, which means it’s refined sugar-free too.
The best part about these brownies is that they’re very easy and quick to make. You just need to add all the ingredients in one single bowl, mix everything together, pour the batter into the greased 9 x 9 baking pan and bake for 30 minutes.
While your gluten-free brownies are in the oven, you make the chocolate frosting by adding dark chocolate chips over simmering water and mix with almond milk. So easy and so delicious! Also, don’t forget to use some Halloween sprinkles on top of the brownies. They are so fun and will make the brownies perfect to this holiday. Enjoy!
Love this Gluten-free Halloween Brownies recipe? Let’s try to make it!
Gluten-free Halloween Brownies
- Pre-heat oven to 325˚F.
- Grease a 9 x9 baking pan with cooking spray, butter or coconut oil. Set aside.
- In a small bowl add the two eggs and whisk very well.
- In a large bowl, pour almond butter, honey, vanilla extract and the eggs. Mix well with a spatula until smooth.
- Add all the remaining ingredients, except the chocolate chips and mix well to combine.
- Melt the chocolate chips in a microwave and pour into the batter. Mix everything well to combine.
- Pour the batter into a prepared baking pan.
- Bake for about 25 - 30mins or until the brownies are cooked through.
- While the brownie is in the oven, make the chocolate frosting.
- In a heatproof bowl, add dark chocolate chips over simmering water.
- When the chocolate is starting to melt, add the almond milk and mix well until all is combined and smooth.
- Allow the chocolate frosting to cool before icing the brownies.
- Cut brownies into small squares (approximately 12 pieces). Place the brownies on wax paper or on a clean surface.
- Gently spoon chocolate frosting onto the top of each brownie square and immediately garnish with Halloween sprinkles, before chocolate frosting sets up. Enjoy!
If you make this recipe, follow @primaverakitchen on Instagram, snap a photo and hashtag it #primaverakitchen. I'd love to see what you're making!
And if you like this Gluten-free Halloween Brownies recipe, please share with your friends and family. Do you wanna taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Google +, Instagram and Facebook for all delicious recipes updates. As always, you are really appreciated for stopping by.