Who is ready for fall baking? How about starting off with this Gluten-Free Pumpkin Coffee Cake? It’s made with almond and coconut flour, pumpkin puree and flavourful spices.
I think we all can agree that having a cup of coffee is definitely part of the morning routine FOR many people. My husband, for example, can’t do anything before drinking his coffee. It’s actually the first thing he does in the morning.
Normally he prepares the coffee and I prepare the food. For breakfast we always either have oatmeal or toast and eggs, or fruits, or a big glass of green smoothie. And on the weekends we love having some pancakes or waffles too. But, I’m going to tell you a secret: I also love coffee cakes for breakfast. Mm.. Amazing! I grew up in Brazil and there we all have it for breakfast. It’s definitely part of the Brazilian culture for sure.
So, when Delonghi asked if I wanted to try their premium Lattissma Pro System the first thing that crossed my mind was “this is a great opportunely to make this gluten-free pumpkin coffee cake and pair it with this amazing coffee.
But before talking about this soft and tender cake I would like to say that I LOVE this new De’Longhi’s Automatic Cappuccino System machine. Why? Well… First it’s very easy to use. You just need to fill up the water, add the milk, add the pod of your choice, place the cup on the machine and press the drink that you prefer. The machine has six pre-programmed drinks: ristretto, espresso, lungo, cappuccino, latte, hot milk, and hot water. It’s actually one touch screen. Isn’t that cool?!
Second, it has a detachable milk carafe, which means you can easily store it in the fridge so no milk goes to waste. This carafe also means that you don’t need another small appliance like a milk frother to heat the milk separately. How convenient is that?
As for the cleaning, wow it’s so easy since it has an advanced auto clean system and both the milk carafe and the capsule container are removable. Simple & easy. To top it all off, all drinks can be personalized and memorized with the customizable settings of your preference. Amazing, right?!
Talk about amazing, I paired a cup of coffee and almond milk with a slice of this gluten-free pumpkin coffee cake and it was perfect. So good!!! This is a healthier coffee cake than the traditional ones out there because it’s gluten-free, dairy-free and packed with good ingredients such as almond flour, coconut flour and coconut oil.
I also love the fact that this pumpkin coffee cake is soft, moist, tender and super easy to make. You don’t even need a blender or a mixer to prepare it. Let’s not forget to say that the crumb topping brings this pumpkin coffee cake to another level. Yummy! Hope you enjoy this recipe and give it a try along with a good cup of coffee.
If you’ve been reading my blog for a while then you know about my love for pumpkin when I discovered how to make my own Homemade Pumpkin Puree Recipe and these 8 Pumpkin Sauces. And since then, I’ve been making all kinds of pumpkin recipes like this pumpkin coffee cake, Paleo Chocolate Pumpkin Cake, Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread, and Easy Low-carb Pumpkin Bread. Be sure to give these other pumpkin recipes a try as well if you’re a pumping lover!
Let’s now jump to the recipe and make this delicious Gluten-free Pumpkin Coffee Cake.
For the Cake
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Crumb Topping
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Line with parchment paper a 9-inch round baking pan, leaving an overhang on the sides to lift the cake out when it’s done. Set aside.
- First make the crumb topping by adding in a small bowl, coconut flour, almond flour, coconut sugar, cinnamon, maple syrup, and coconut oil. Mix everything well to combine. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add coconut oil, maple syrup, coconut sugar, pumpkin and eggs. Whisk together until combined.
- Add the almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, pumpkin spice, cinnamon, and salt. Mix until the batter is smooth.
- Pour the batter into prepared pan and sprinkle the crumbs over the batter, pressingly lightly so they stick.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow cake to cool completely before serving.
- Store covered in fridge after the first day.
- You can try my homemade pumpkin puree if you cannot find canned pumpkin.
- Canned pumpkin and pumpkin pie filling are different as pumpkin pie filling is seasoned with spices such as cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and sugar. Make sure to buy the correct one.
- Make sure not to overmix the batter as it'll make the cake tough.
- To store: Store the cake in the fridge for up to a week or on the counter for a day. Make sure it's in an airtight container.
- To freeze: You can freeze the cake for up to 3 months. You can freeze the bread in an individual slice or as a full cake.
Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate.
And if you like this Gluten-free Pumpkin Coffee Cake recipe, please share with your friends and family. Do you wanna taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Google +, Instagram and Facebook for all delicious recipes updates. As always, you are really appreciated for stopping by.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of De’Longhi. The opinions and text are all mine.