Save your time making this quick and delicious Rice with Balsamic Onions and Shrimp.
Last post I shared with you guys my easy and quick recipe How to make fluffy rice (check out that post and my fluffy quinoa as well!). When I finished making the fluffy rice, it was about lunch time on Sunday and I decided to make some balsamic onions with shrimp to serve along with my fluffy rice. I love making balsamic onions because it always adds lot of flavor to any dish and for some reason I just think the balsamic onions with polenta or rice combine together perfectly.
So, if you are very busy on your weekend, doing fun activities with your family, I just recommend you add this recipe on your book. You and all your family will enjoy the layers of flavor in here and you won’t waste your precious time cooking for hours on your weekend. You can make this Balsamic Roasted Vegetables Recipe as a side as well!
Thanks a lot for reading. Want to browse all of my healthy recipe posts? Follow my Primavera Kitchen Board on Pinterest!!! I also have an awesome Healthy Fall Recipes and Healthy Dinner Pinterest Boards. There, you can find some of my favourite recipes like my Balsamic Glazed Caprese Chicken!
Subscribe for new recipes & a free e-cookbook
Rice with Balsamic Onions and Shrimp
- 2 tbsp + 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups vertically sliced onion
- 1 tsp garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 cups fresh shrimp
- Ground black pepper and salt
- 2 cups cooked rice with peas peas are optional
- 2 tbsp green onions chopped
- Feta for garnishing
- Warm up a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 2 tbsp olive oil and garlic. Sauté for 15 seconds.
- Add the onions and sauté until onion begins to soften and become tender.
- Reduce heat to low and add balsamic vinegar; cook for about 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Remove the balsamic onions from the skillet and add 1 tbsp olive oil over medium heat.
- Add shrimp and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until they turn pink.
- Season shrimps to taste with salt and pepper.
- Layer cooked rice with peas, balsamic onions, and shrimp evenly among on a plate. Garnish with fresh green onions and feta.
- If you use frozen shrimp, make sure it is fully thawed and pat dry.
- Buy peeled and deveined shrimp to save yourself prepping time.
- Not a fan of peas? You can add corn to your rice.
- To store: Keep the rice with balsamic onions and shrimp in an airtight container for up to 3 to 4 days in the fridge.
- To reheat: You can reheat the fried rice in the microwave or stovetop.
- To freeze: You can freeze recipe in a freezer-safe container or bag for up to 3 months.
Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate.
If you like this Rice with Balsamic Onions and Shrimp recipe, please share with your friends and family. Do you wanna taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook for all delicious recipes updates. As always, you are really appreciated for stopping by.
More Rice Recipes
Easy to follow tutorial about How to make fluffy rice
You can’t go wrong with this Rice with Roasted Butternut Squash and Dried Cranberries
This Shrimp Fried Rice with Broccoli is better than any takeout.
Leave a Comment