Baked chicken breast recipe is always a budget-friendly and wholesome, healthy dinner. This recipe uses a simple, 3-step process to ensure the best tender, juicy, and flavorful chicken, every time!
Making this recipe involves brining the chicken, then seasoning and baking it. The entire process takes just 35 minutes, so it is perfect for an easy weeknight dinner.
Also if you like juicy, tender, easy to make chicken recipes like this one you’ll love these recipes too: Garlic Butter Baked Chicken Breast, Asparagus Stuffed Chicken Breast, Rosemary Lemon Roasted Chicken Breasts and the best chicken round-up recipes.
Today I’m sharing with you one of my favorite ways to make chicken; roasted breast chicken. I love this recipe because it only needs ingredients you have on hand such as chicken breast, olive oil, Italian seasoning, paprika and garlic powder. It’s so simple, right?
Should you brine chicken before baking?
Brining chicken before baking it makes a huge difference! It’s easy to do, and it helps to keep the baked chicken breast meat tender and juicy.
Plus, there is a bonus to doing this. If your chicken is still partially frozen, brining it in lukewarm water will help bring the chicken to room temperature.
Important note: To avoid any risk of bacterial contamination, you should always prepare the baked chicken breast recipe as soon as the brining process is complete.
For this recipe, the brine is just a simple salt water solution. You will need to dissolve 2 tablespoons of kosher salt into 2 cups of warm water.
How long should you brine chicken breast?
How long you brine chicken breast really depends on how large the breasts are. Average size chicken breasts (6 to 10 ounces) only need to sit in the brine for 15 minutes. For larger breasts, 20 to 25 minutes is perfect.
Keep in mind that it is possible to brine chicken too long. This is because over time, the salt in the brine will work into the meat. As a result, the baked chicken breast can end up much too salty. To prevent this from happening, you should brine chicken breast for no longer than 30 minutes.
Baked chicken breast seasoning
Brining chicken is the key to juiciness, but for the best flavor, you will also need to add seasoning. For this baked chicken breast recipe, the seasoning is simple.
- Olive oil – Extra virgin olive oil is my preference.
- Italian seasoning blend – You can make your own blend of Italian seasonings, or purchase the seasoning blend premade.
- Garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
How to make this baked chicken breast recipe
As mentioned earlier, there are just 3 steps involved in making the perfect baked chicken breast dinner. Here’s how it’s done!
- BRINE – The benefits of brining chicken and how to make brine are mentioned above. However, the complete instructions are also in the recipe card.
- SEASON – In a small bowl, combine the seasoning ingredients together. Then, place the chicken breasts in a baking pan. Brush a light coating of oil on both sides of each chicken breast. Then, sprinkle the seasoning mixture evenly over the chicken on both sides.
Bake the chicken for 20 minutes, or until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 163 degrees F.
Note: Chicken will continue to cook as it rests. As a result, the internal temp will increase to 165 F. At this point, the chicken will be firm to the touch, with no pink flesh visible.
For the most accurate reading, use an instant-read cooking thermometer.
When the cooking time finishes, remove the baked chicken breast from the oven. Then, place the chicken breasts onto a cutting board and allow them to rest for 10 minutes. After resting, slice and serve.
You can serve it with some roasted asparagus, vegetables, green salad or fluffy rice. Your dinner will be ready in less than 30 minutes. Since this roasted chicken breast is amazing as a leftover, you also will have a delicious lunch for the next day. Enjoy!
Other chicken breast recipes to try:
- Spinach and Feta Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- Greek Baked Chicken Breast Salad
- Spicy Baked Chicken Breast Meal-Prep Bowls
- Grilled Chicken Breast Avocado Salad
- Creamy Parmesan Baked Chicken Breast
- Chimichurri Baked Chicken Breast
- Asparagus Sweet Potato Chicken Breast Skillet
- Baked Chicken Breast and Vegetables
- Baked Chicken Breast Fajitas Recipe
Baked Chicken Breast Recipe
- 3 free range organic boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Fresh ground black pepper
- First, brine your chicken breasts by combining the warm water and 2 tablespoons of kosher salt in a large bowl. Stir it well until salt is dissolved in the water.
- Add the chicken breasts and let it sit for 15-30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 450F and coat a baking dish with cooking spray. Then, remove the chicken from the brine and pat the chicken dry with a paper towel. Place the chicken in a single layer in a prepared baking sheet and brush the top of it with olive oil.
- In a small bowl, add Italian seasonings, paprika, garlic powder, salt and black pepper. Mix everything well. Then, sprinkle the seasoning mixture evenly over the chicken on both sides.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and reached the internal temperature of 165F. I recommend using a cooking thermometer to know precisely the temperature.
- Remove it from the oven, transfer to a serving plate, cover with aluminum foil and let it rest for about 5-10 minutes before slicing and serving it.
If you make this recipe, follow @primaverakitchen on Instagram, snap a photo and hashtag it #primaverakitchen. I'd love to see what you're making!
And if you like this Baked Chicken Breast recipe, please share with your friends and family. Do you want to taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook for all delicious recipes updates. As always, I really appreciate you stopping by.