This Paleo Lemon Roasted Breast Chicken recipe make with olive oil instead of butter and it’s also very juicy, tender, easy to make, and full of flavor from the lemon and rosemary.
Today I brought to you one of my favorite ways to make chicken; roasted breast chicken with lemon and rosemary. These ingredients go together so well, making this recipe so special with all those flavors. On top of that, this roasted breast chicken couldn’t be easier to make. The only thing you need to do is whisk all the ingredients really well and pour over the breast chicken. During the roasting process, you need to spoon the sauce from the baking sheet over the chicken, making it incredibly juicy and tender.
Since it doesn’t use any butter, this recipe is paleo. I know almost all the roasted lemon chicken recipes out there call for butter, but I thought olive oil would work just fine. And it did! Of course, if you prepare to use butter, you are welcome to do so, but I promise you this chicken is just as flavorful with olive oil. Another great thing about this recipe is that it only needs ingredients you have on hand such as lemon, rosemary, Italian seasoning, and olive oil. It’s so simple, right?
You can serve it with some roasted asparagus or vegetables and green salad or fluffy rice. Your dinner will be ready in less than 30 minutes. Since this roasted lemon breast chicken is amazing as a leftover, you also will have a delicious lunch for the next day. One quick tip before you jump to the recipe: do not place the slices of lemon directly on the top of the breast chicken. If you do, it may cause the chicken to get a little bitter. Enjoy!
Paleo Lemon Roasted Breast Chicken
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ⅓ cup chicken broth
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 4 free range organic boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 5 fresh rosemary leaves for garnish
- 3 lemon slices for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and grease a baking sheet (I actually used a parchment paper because it is easier to clean up)
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, chicken broth, lemon juice, honey, garlic, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Place the chicken on the prepared baking sheet.
- Pour sauce over chicken. Bake for about 20-25 minutes. It will depend on the thickness of the breast chicken.
- Every 5-10 minutes, remove the baking sheet from the oven and spoon the sauce from the pan over the chicken. To make sure your chicken is cooked through, use a cooking thermometer to measure the temperature in the thickest part of the breast. It should be between 160-170°F.
- Before serving, garnish with fresh rosemary and lemon slices.
Nutrition InformationAmount per serving (1/4) — Calories: 263, Fat: 14g, Saturated Fat: 2g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g, Monounsaturated Fat: 7g, Cholesterol: 71mg, Carbohydrates: 6g, Sugar: 5g, Protein: 26g
If you make this recipe, please don't forget to snap a photo and hashtag it #primaverakitchen. I really want to see!
And if you like this Paleo Lemon Roasted Breast Chicken recipe, please share with your friends and family. Do you want to taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Google+, Instagram, and Facebook for all delicious recipes updates. As always, I really appreciate you stopping by.