Fresh rosemary, lemon juice, and garlic are three simple yet flavourful ingredients that create this beautiful and delicious Rosemary Lemon Roasted Chicken Breasts recipe. It is gluten-free, paleo-friendly, and low-carb too!
We are currently having beautiful spring/summer days in Canada, and it makes me want to be outside until after sunset. That is how excited I am!! These days, we walk/run/bike outside by the lakeshore and enjoy this awesome weather.
I love the bright and sunny days. When I lived in Brazil, I never appreciated the bright days as much as I do now, simply because in my beautiful tropical country it is summer all year. I guess I took it for granted and underestimated the value of the sunny days and became used to it. But now that I live in a country where for 6 months of the year it is really cold, I have learned to appreciate the hot and sunny days so much. Is there something more beautiful than a clear blue sky?!!
Since the days are so awesome, we don’t want to spend lots of time in the kitchen, right? So, I always try to cook something delicious but very quick and easy! That’s why I love making recipes with chicken because they all cook so fast and are delicious like Chimichurri Chicken Green Beans Skillet, Roasted Lemon Chicken Leg recipe, or my favourite Asparagus Stuffed Chicken Breast. Not to mention chicken salads like Grilled Chicken Avocado Salad or Pesto Chicken Chopped Salad. So good!!
And, speaking of fast and flavourful recipes, how about trying yummy Rosemary Lemon Roasted Chicken Breasts? My mouth is watering just thinking about it. I love how delicious herbs are when paired with chicken, like my Garlic Herb Butter Roast Chicken (Web Story), so if you liked that recipe then you’ll love this rosemary one!
Ingredients you need to make this Rosemary Lemon Roasted Chicken Breasts recipe:
This chicken is baked with olive oil, garlic, paprika, lemon, rosemary, and salt and pepper, which makes an unforgettable combination of flavours. And because of this combination, I suggest marinating the chicken overnight so that it absorbs these flavors perfectly.
Serve this Rosemary Lemon Roasted Chicken Breasts recipe with:
- Garlic Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower
- Garlic Parmesan Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Crispy Roasted Green Beans
- Creamy Avocado Cauliflower Salad
- Cauliflower Potato Salad
If you’re in the mood for another easy recipe that’s also hands off? Try my Instant Pot Pot Roast Recipe!
More delicious chicken recipes to try:
See below for how to make Rosemary Lemon Roasted Chicken Breasts:
Rosemary Lemon Roasted Chicken Breasts
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 medium free-range organic chicken breasts - 330g
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves - 1g
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika - 2.1g
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice - 15ml
- 6 garlic cloves
- 5 slices lemon - more for garnishing
- salt and ground black pepper
- 3 fresh rosemary sprigs - plus 4 more for garnishing
- In a bowl, season the chicken breasts with olive oil, dried oregano, smoked paprika, lemon juice, garlic, lemon slices, salt, pepper, and rosemary. Toss everything very well.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap, and leave it in the fridge for at least 30 minutes. Ideally, marinate the chicken for 2-3 hours if you can. Or, marinate overnight without adding the lemon juice and lemon slices. Then, 3 hours before cooking the chicken, add the lemon juice and lemon slices.
- Preheat oven to 425ºF.
- Place the chicken breasts on a baking sheet.
- Roast for 15 minutes.
- Flip the pieces, and bake another 10-15 minutes or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165ºF.
- Garnish with sprigs of fresh rosemary and slices of lemon.
If you make this recipe, follow @primaverakitchen on Instagram, snap a photo and hashtag it #primaverakitchen. I'd love to see what you're making!
If you like this Rosemary Lemon Roasted Chicken Breasts recipe, please share it with your friends and family. Do you want to taste more? Try these 50 Best Chicken Breast Recipes From The Internet Subscribe to my newsletter, and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook for all delicious recipe updates. As always, I really appreciate you stopping by.