Today I’m so excited about sharing this new recipe with you because it’s delicious and it has been about 2 weeks that I didn’t write a post. I apologize about that, but I decided to take a two weeks’ vacation to spend time with my family. We went to UK (London, Liverpool and Wales) because my husband had to go there for work. We took advantage of this opportunity and stayed in Europe for three weeks. It was very cool.
We visited lots of new places, cities, castles, met great people and ate good food too. My toddler loved everything. He was very excited especially about the train rides 😉 Soon I will post photos about our trip here on the blog. Stay tuned!
I felt so happy for being able to provide him such an amazing experience at such a young age. I think that to travel and show him all these different cultures is one of the great gifts we can give to him.
We arrived last Friday night and we relaxed over the weekend. I also organized my home, unpacking, did laundry, cooked and cleaned a bit. Normally we go to Montreal for Eater because my husband’s family lives there. But we were very tired from the trip so we decided to stay in Toronto.
On Sunday, we did an Easter Egg Hunt for my son and he had a blast. He was very excited about the eggs because inside of the eggs there were toys for him. I didn’t want to give him chocolate because I think he’s very young for that now. Then, we headed home and spent the rest of the day watching movies. It was great! It’s funny because every time I come from a long vacation I feel more tired than when I left. It should be the opposite but I guess it’s because all the activities we ended up doing during our holidays.
Now I am home I’m back to my routine and I have to say that I’m very happy about it. It’s always nice to be back home in the comfort of our own home and bed. Don’t you think? I am back to the blog and excited to share this Garlic Shrimp Asparagus Skillet recipe with you.
This is one of my favourite skillet recipes and as you can see on my blog I have lots of one-pan meals that are absolutely delicious such as this Chimichurri Chicken Green Beans Skillet, my Mushroom Cauliflower “Rice” Skillet, my Ground Turkey Skillet with Green Beans, this Mediterranean Chicken Skillet, this Shrimp Vegetable Skillet and the most popular recipe on the blog this Ground Turkey Sweet Potato Skillet. They are all one-pan meals that takes less than 25 minutes to be done and serve 4 people. Also all these recipes are great as leftover too. It’s always a plus, right?
5 Reasons Why You Should Make This Garlic Shrimp Asparagus Skillet Recipe:
- It’s gluten-free, low-carb, paleo and Whole30 friendly.
- It only takes about 20 minutes to be ready on your table.
- It’s one-pan meal, but you can also serve it with cauliflower rice, cauliflower mashed, zucchini noodles or even a delicious easy mediterranean salad.
- It’s made with simple ingredients that you probably have in your pantry/kitchen.
Want other gluten-free/low-carb shrimp skillet recipes? Try these favorites:
- Sweet Potato Green Beans Shrimp Skillet
- Sun-dried Tomato Pesto Shrimp Asparagus Skillet
- Creamy Parmesan Shrimp Skillet
- One-Sheet Pan Shrimp with Cherry Tomatoes and Asparagus (Meal-Prep)
- Shrimp Avocado Tomato Salad
Do I need to have a cast iron to make this recipe?
No, but you definitely should. I’m a HUGE fan of cast iron skillets and they are my favourite type of skillets in the world. Why? They are affordable, they last a lifetime and make the food tastes even better, because it’s pre-seasoned. Also you can sauté, sear, fry, bake and stir fry with it. Although mine doesn’t have the helper handle, this one from Lodge does, which is better for carrying the pan around. You can get yours on Amazon here or at any kitchen/cookware store.
This post contains affiliate links. For more information, please visit my disclosure page here.
Watch How to Make this Garlic Shrimp Asparagus Skillet Recipe:
Garlic Shrimp Asparagus Skillet
Super easy Garlic Shrimp Asparagus Skillet recipe that is low-carb, gluten-free, Whole30 and paleo friendly! Perfect for busy weeknight since this one-pan meal will be ready in 20 minutes or so.
- 1 lb (454g) uncooked extra-large shrimp, peeled
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- A pinch of crushed red pepper or red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 + 1 tablespoons grass-fedGhee butter or extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups mushroom, sliced
- 1 bunch of asparagus, ends trimmed and cut in halves
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- In a bowl, add shrimp, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes and onion powder. Mix everything well.
- In a cast iron skillet add 2 tablespoon of olive oil or grass-fed Ghee butter over medium heat.
- Add garlic and sauté for 30 seconds. Add shrimp and sauté for about 4 minutes or until shrimp is cooked through. Be careful to not overcook them, otherwise they will have a rubbery texture. Set aside.
- In the same skillet add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and mushroom. Sauté for 5 minutes. Then add asparagus and cook until it’s tender. Stir occasionally.
- Return shrimp back to the skillet and mix everything well to combine.
- Garnish with fresh parsley. Enjoy!
Do you love one-pan meals with shrimp and lots of veggies? Great, I have lots of other recipes just like this one for you. Try this Chimichurri Shrimp Broccoli Skillet and you’ll be amazed by the flavour. I also love this Shrimp, Bell Pepper and Onions Skillet and the Sweet Potato, Kale and Shrimp Skillet because they are all done in 20 minutes or so, super delicious and they’re loaded with veggies. You’ll love them. I promise!!
Yield: 4, Serving Size: 1/4
- Amount Per Serving:
- Calories: 187
- Total Fat: 9g
- Saturated Fat: 6g
- Cholesterol: 173mg
- Sodium: 233mg
- Carbohydrates: 8g
- Fiber: 3g
- Sugar: 3g
- Protein: 20g
This post contains affiliate links. For more information, please visit my disclosure page here.// All images and text ©
If you make this recipe, please don't forget to snap a photo and hashtag it #primaverakitchen. I really want to see!
And if you like this Garlic Shrimp Asparagus Skillet recipe, please share with your friends and family. Do you want to taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Google+, Instagram, and Facebook for all delicious recipes updates. As always, I really appreciate you stopping by.