Today, I’m so excited to share this new recipe with you because it’s delicious, and it has been about 2 weeks since I’ve written a post. I apologize for that, but I decided to take a vacation to spend time with my family. We went to the UK (London, Liverpool, and Wales) because my husband had to go there for work. We took advantage of this opportunity and stayed in Europe for three weeks. It was very exciting!
We visited lots of new places, cities, castles, met great people, and ate great food, too. My toddler loved everything. He was very excited, especially about the train rides. 😉 I will post photos about our trip on the blog soon. Stay tuned!
I felt so happy about being able to provide him with such an amazing experience at a young age. To travel and show him all these different cultures is one of the great gifts we can give him.
We arrived home last Friday night and relaxed over the weekend. I also organized our home, unpacked, did laundry, cooked, and cleaned a bit. Normally, we go to Montreal for Easter because my husband’s family lives there. But we were very tired from the trip, so we decided to stay in Toronto.
On Sunday, we had an Easter Egg Hunt for my son, and he had a blast. He was very excited about the eggs because inside of them were toys for him. I didn’t want to give him chocolate because I think he’s too young for that now. Then, we headed home and spent the rest of the day watching movies. It was great! It’s funny because every time I come from a long vacation I feel more tired than when I left. It should be the opposite, but I guess it’s because all the activities we ended up doing during our holidays.
Now that I am home and back to my routine, I have to say that I’m very happy about it. It’s always nice to be back in the comfort of our own home and bed. Don’t you think? I am back to the blog and excited to share this Garlic Shrimp Asparagus Skillet recipe with you.
This is one of my favourite skillet recipes, and as you see from my blog, I have lots of one-pan meals that are absolutely delicious, such as Chimichurri Chicken Green Beans Skillet, Mushroom Cauliflower “Rice” Skillet, Ground Turkey Skillet with Green Beans, Mediterranean Chicken Skillet, Shrimp Vegetable Skillet, and the most popular recipe on the blog Ground Turkey Sweet Potato Skillet. They are all one-pan meals that take less than 25 minutes to complete and serve 4 people. Also, all these recipes are great as leftovers, too. It’s always a plus, right?
5 reasons why you should make this Garlic Shrimp Asparagus Skillet Recipe:
- It’s gluten-free, low-carb, paleo, and whole30-friendly.
- It only takes about 20 minutes to be on your table.
- It’s a one-pan meal, but you can also serve it with cauliflower rice, cauliflower mashed, zucchini noodles, or even a delicious Easy Mediterranean Salad.
- It’s made with simple ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry/kitchen.
Do I need a cast iron skillet to make this recipe?
No, but you definitely should! I’m a HUGE fan of cast iron skillets, and they are my favourite type of skillet in the world. Why? They are affordable, last a lifetime, and make food taste even better because it’s pre-seasoned. Also, you can sauté, sear, fry, bake, and stir fry with it. Although mine doesn’t have the helper handle, this one from Lodge does, which is better for carrying the pan around. You can get yours on Amazon here or at any kitchen/cookware store.
Want other gluten-free/low-carb shrimp skillet recipes? Try these favorites:
- Chimichurri Shrimp Broccoli Skillet: A quick one-pan meal for your busy weeknight dinner. It’s super-flavorful because of the Chimichurri sauce.
- Sun-dried Tomato Pesto Shrimp Asparagus Skillet: This recipe is made with super-easy homemade sun-dried tomato pesto and is ready in just 20 minutes.
- Shrimp Vegetable Skillet: Perfect for meal-prep, and it’s ultra-easy to make and is loaded with veggies. It’s a low-carb, whole30, gluten-free, and paleo one-pan meal.
- One-Sheet Pan Shrimp with Cherry Tomatoes and Asparagus (Meal-Prep): Be amazed at how only 5 ingredients can make a healthy meal-prep for your entire week.
See below for how to make this Garlic Shrimp Asparagus Skillet Recipe:
Garlic Shrimp Asparagus Skillet
- 1 pound uncooked extra-large shrimp — peeled
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 3 tablespoons grass-fed ghee butter or extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic — minced
- 2 cups mushrooms — sliced
- 1 bunch of asparagus — ends trimmed and cut in half
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley — chopped (optional)
In a bowl, add the shrimp, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, and onion powder. Mix everything well.
Add the garlic, and sauté for 30 seconds. Add the shrimp, and sauté for about 4 minutes or until the shrimp are cooked through. Be careful not to overcook them because they will have a rubbery texture. Set aside.
In the same skillet, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and the mushrooms. Sauté for 5 minutes. Then, add the asparagus, and cook until it’s tender. Stir occasionally.
Return the shrimp to the skillet, and mix everything well to combine.
Garnish with fresh parsley. Enjoy!
Nutrition InformationAmount per serving (1/4) — Calories: 187, Fat: 9g, Saturated Fat: 6g, Cholesterol: 173mg, Sodium: 233mg, Carbohydrates: 8g, Fiber: 3g, Sugar: 3g, Protein: 20g
If you make this recipe, follow @primaverakitchen on Instagram, snap a photo and hashtag it #primaverakitchen. I'd love to see what you're making!
And if you like this Garlic Shrimp Asparagus Skillet recipe, please share it with your friends and family. Do you want to taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter, and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook for all delicious recipe updates. As always, I really appreciate you stopping by.