This Sweet Potato Green Beans Shrimp Skillet is gluten-free, super filling, and only one pot. The best part? It is done in less than 30 minutes. Enjoy!
I am back to share with you a one-skillet dinner recipe because I know we all loooove this type of meal, right? I am sure you will agree with me on this one. Quick and easy to prepare; done in less than 30 minutes and fewer dishes to do. Who doesn’t like that?
This Shrimp Skillet with Sweet Potato and Green Beans is inspired by the Shrimp Sweet Potato Kale Skillet I have on my blog, which is one of my most popular recipes of all time. Actually, I was going to cook this popular recipe again but I didn’t have kale in my fridge. I had lots of green beans that were about to go bad, though.
So before they went bad, I used them in this recipe. I also added lots of cheese because my husband always complains that I don’t add enough. He is right and I totally understand why he loves cheese on his dishes. Cheese is so delicious and flavorful. However, I try not to eat a lot of cheese because of all the fat. I guess, once in a while it is not a big deal. If you are trying to avoid dairy and eat fewer calories, you can totally omit the cheese.
This recipe is very filling because of the sweet potato and the fiber of the green beans. It is also low in carbs since there isn’t any pasta or grains in it. It’s also a great option if you are trying to go gluten-free.
I always have shrimp on hand because it’s such a quick-cooking protein. If you want more recipes that are quick and easy, try this Shrimp Vegetable Skillet, Garlic Butter Shrimp Skillet Recipe, Super Fresh Shrimp Tomato Salad, and Garlic Shrimp and Veggies Meal Prep Bowls.
I am sure this Sweet Potato Green Beans Shrimp Skillet recipe will satisfy you and your family. It will be a big hit. Believe me 😉
More Shrimp Skillet recipes to try:
- Shrimp Vegetable Skillet
- Chimichurri Shrimp Broccoli Skillet
- Garlic Shrimp Asparagus Skillet
- Creamy Parmesan Shrimp Skillet
- Shrimp, Bell Pepper and Onions Skillet
- Sweet Potato, Kale and Shrimp Skillet
Subscribe for new recipes & a free e-cookbook
- In a cast iron skillet, add the extra virgin olive oil over medium heat.
- Add garlic and cook for about 30 seconds.
- Add the shrimps and cook them until they are pink. Set them aside.
- Using the same skillet, add sweet potato and vegetable broth. Cook until soft or about 10 15mins. In case you need, add a few more tablespoons of vegetable broth.
- Add green beans, crushed red pepper, salt, and pepper and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the cooked shrimp to the sweet potato and green beans mixture. Stir well.
- Top the mixture with mozzarella cheese and put a lid on the skillet only for few minutes to melt the cheese.
- Top with fresh parsley.
- You can buy shrimp with tails removed, deveined, and peeled to save time.
- Try to use the largest skillet you have as it’ll help prevent the ingredients from overcrowding.
- You can use frozen shrimp for this shrimp skillet but you need to fully thaw them before using.
- To store: Store leftovers in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
- To reheat: You can reheat this shrimp recipe in the microwave or on the stovetop.
Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate.
If you like this Sweet Potato Green Beans Shrimp Skillet recipe, please share with your friends and family. Do you want to taste more? Try this 35 Healthy Shrimp Dinner Recipes! Or, subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook for all delicious recipes updates. As always, I really appreciate you stopping by.