These Sweet Potato Tuna Patties are very soft inside and crispy on the outside. It is delicious, easy, quick, gluten-free, and healthy too!
One day this week, I came back home from work and I was very tired. I opened my pantry and my fridge and I didn’t see much. So, I thought I could go do some groceries, but I was too tired and lazy to do anything ;-(
So, I saw two sweet potatoes and two tuna cans in my pantry. I thought to myself, “what can I do for dinner with these two ingredients?” Immediately these Sweet Potato Tuna Patties crossed my mind. I opened my fridge again and I saw I still had half of a red onion and a yellow pepper that was just waiting to be cooked. So, I cooked them and they turned out so delicious! I know this is an appetizer recipe, but if you serve them with some grilled veggies you will have a great, light summer dinner after a long, tiring, and busy workday.
About the recipe:
What I like most about this recipe is you probably have all the ingredients you need in your pantry and fridge. I also love the fact that they don’t fall apart when you cook them like most fish cakes. I think it is because of the texture of the sweet potato.
Subscribe for new recipes & a free e-cookbook
These Sweet Potato Tuna Patties are so easy to make and taste so good. It is incredible how they are soft inside and crispy on the outside. I also think this recipe is great for those who like to leave everything almost ready before you leave for the day because you can combine all the ingredients together, leave the mixture/patties in the fridge, and then just sauté them right before dinner.
We love seafood recipes, they’re always so simple and delicious. Some of my other go-to recipes are my Salmon Patties with Coleslaw Meal-Prep Bowls, Quick Easy Tuna Pasta, Super Easy Avocado Cucumber Tuna Salad, and my Tuna Cucumber Cups Recipe. These are great recipes to try if you’re looking for a quick and easy dinner recipe.
For more delicious, easy, quick and healthy appetizer recipes, visit my Healthy Appetizer Pinterest Board!
- In a medium pan, bring water to a boil and add sweet potatoes.
- Cook them for about 10-15 minutes or until tender.
- Drain and run them under cold running water. Transfer to a large bowl and mash with a fork.
- Add the tuna, green onions, breadcrumbs, eggs, red onions, yellow pepper, garlic powder, chili pepper, salt, and pepper. Mix well until all ingredients are combined.
- Use your hand to shape mixture portions into patties.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat and add cooking spray.
- Cook patties for 3 minutes on both sides or until golden brown.
- Click HERE to watch the Web Stories for this recipe.
- For perfectly uniformed patties, you can use a large ice cream or cookie scoop to portion out the mixture.
- Make sure to chop the sweet potatoes as uniformly as possible so they cook evenly. Alternatively, you can buy pre-cut sweet potatoes.
- You can place the green onions, red onions, and bell pepper in a food processor to mince them up super finely.
- To store: Store the cooked sweet potato tuna patties in the fridge for up to 4 days in an airtight container.
- To reheat: You can reheat the patties quickly in a skillet.
- To freeze: Flash freeze the patties on a lined sheet pan and transfer them to a freezer-safe bag.
Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate.
You can watch the Web Story of this recipe HERE.
If you like this Sweet Potato Tuna Patties recipe, please share with your friends and family. Do you want to taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Google+, Instagram, and Facebook for all delicious recipes updates. As always, I really appreciate you stopping by.