Subscribe to receive new recipes!
Taste more! Sign up and you'll be getting to your inbox brand new content weekly such as recipes, cooking tips, videos and my FREE E-COOKBOOK.
This Christmas Morning Slow Cooker Omelet is perfect for you who don’t want to spend your fun Christmas morning in the kitchen. You can make this omelet ahead with eggs, almond milk, bell pepper, onions, ham and cheese.
Today’s recipe is sponsored by Egg Farmers of Canada, which happens to produce one of the freshest and the best quality eggs in the world. It sounds like I’m exaggerating, but literally the eggs travel from the farms to your kitchen in less than 5 days. On top of that, when you buy Canadian Grade A Eggs you are supporting over 1,000 farming families in Canada.
If you read my blog often you know that I love eggs and I always have some in the fridge. I can’t start my day without eggs and oatmeal. I’m not even kidding!! So, as you can imagine my Christmas morning will have eggs… lots of eggs!! I called this recipe Christmas Morning Slow Cooker Omelet because you can make this recipe the night before and have more time to enjoy your family and the Christmas morning unwrapping gifts under the tree instead of being in the kitchen cooking.
This recipe is ultra-easy to make, healthy and delicious. I am sure you and your family will enjoy waking up in the morning knowing that the breakfast is actually ready to eat. I bet you already have all the ingredients necessary to make it. This recipe uses several eggs, almond milk (or any other milk of your preference), bell peppers, onions, chopped ham and mozzarella cheese. Also before serving you can garnish it with fresh parsley and fresh cherry tomatoes. Yummy!
I’m sure you will please everybody with this hearty, comforting and homemade meal. And if you are looking for more simple and delicious egg recipes for your Christmas morning breakfast or brunch be sure to take a look at the other Canadian bloggers using the hastag #simplecheer.
- 6 eggs
- ½-cup almond milk
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- ⅛ teaspoon chili powder, or to taste
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 small white onion, finely chopped
- ¾ cup ham, chopped
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cherry tomatoes for garnishing
- Fresh parsley for garnishing
- Coat the inside (including the sides) of the slow cooker with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine eggs, milk, salt, pepper, chili powder, garlic and whisk well until combine.
- Pour the egg mixture into the slow cooker.
- Add bell peppers, onions and ham to the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 2.5 hours.
- Sprinkle with cheese on top of the omelet and cover.
- Cook until cheese is melted.
- Before serving, garnish with fresh parsley and cherry tomatoes.
Please, if you recreate this recipe, please take a picture and hash tag #primaverakitchen on Instagram! I would love to see your version.
And if you like this Christmas Morning Slow Cooker Omelet recipe, please share with your friends and family. Do you wanna taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Google +, Instagram and Facebook for all delicious recipes updates. As always, you are really appreciated for stopping by.
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Egg Farmers of Canada, and I have been compensated for that. However all the opinions are exclusive mine. Thanks for supporting this blog.