As I sit down to write this post, my mom and our boy Tomtom (Thomas) are playing outside on the patio. We have a small plastic pool and they’re enjoying the beautiful day. It’s sunny, the sky is blue, and the weather is perfect.
My living room has a large sliding door and I can see them very well from here. My heart is full of love right now. I love when these two are together having fun. Since my mom lives in another country, moments like this are rare. By rare, I mean only two times a year.
I have to say it’s a very hard situation, but at the same time, we do value more these moments because we don’t see each other every day or every week.
This recipe is good for a quick and light dinner, but it’s also great as a leftover for lunch. It lasts well for up to 5 days in the fridge. You can make this Ground Beef Veggie Skillet ahead of time and bring to work. Also, you can serve it with cauliflower “rice” and roasted veggies. But if you’re not on a low-carb diet, you can serve this recipe along with fluffy rice, quinoa, or even pasta. Enjoy!
Ground Beef Veggie Skillet
This Ground Beef Veggie Skillet Recipe is made with onions, bell pepper, zucchini, asparagus, and, of course, ground beef. From start to finish, it can be ready in 30 mins. It’s also low-carb and gluten-free.
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb extra-lean ground beef
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ cup onions
- ½ cup red bell pepper
- 1 medium zucchini, quartered
- 1/2 lb asparagus, cut into three parts each
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup tomato passata (tomato sauce works too)
- ½ teaspoon of oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper (optional)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp feta cheese, crumbled
- Fresh parsley, chopped
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add ground beef and garlic. Use a wooden spoon to break up the ground beef while it cooks. Stir occasionally and cook for about 7 minutes. Set aside.
- Add onions and red bell pepper to the same skillet. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until the onions are soft. If it is necessary, add a little bit of olive oil to help sauté the veggies.
- Add the zucchini and asparagus cook for 3-5 minutes. It depends on how tender you prefer your veggies.
- Add the ground beef to skillet again and mix everything together.
- Add the Dijon, tomato passata, oregano, crushed red pepper, salt and pepper to taste. And cook for 1-2 minutes more.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and feta cheese.
Yield: 4, Serving Size: 1/4
- Amount Per Serving:
- Calories: 261
- Total Fat: 12.8g
- Saturated Fat: 3.7g
- Cholesterol: 68mg
- Sodium: 164mg
- Carbohydrates: 8.5g
- Fiber: 2.4g
- Sugar: 4.5g
- Protein: 29.5g
If you make this recipe, please don't forget to snap a photo and hashtag it #primaverakitchen. I really want to see!
And if you like this Ground Beef Veggie Skillet recipe, please share with your friends and family. Do you want to taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Google+, Instagram, and Facebook for all delicious recipes updates. As always, I really appreciate you stopping by.