Fresh rosemary, lemon juice, and garlic are three simple, yet flavorful ingredients that create this beautiful and delicious Rosemary Lemon Roasted Chicken Breasts. It is gluten-free, paleo and low-carb too!
We are having beautiful spring days in Canada and it makes me want to be outside until the sunset and then stay a little longer. That is how much I am excited!!! These days we are walking/running/biking outside by the lake shore and enjoying this awesome weather. I love the bright and sunny days. When I was living in Brazil I never appreciated the bright days as much as I appreciate now, just because in my beautiful tropical country is summer all year long. I guess I took it for granted, underestimated the value of the sunny days and became used to it. But now that I live in a country where 6 months of the year is really cold, I learned to appreciate so much the hot and sunny days. Is there something more beautiful than a clear blue sky??
Since the days are so awesome we don’t want to spend lots of time in the kitchen, right? So, I always try to cook something delicious, but very quick and easy! And speaking about fast and flavorful recipes, how about you try to make this yummy Rosemary Lemon Roasted Chicken Breasts?? My mouth is watering just thinking about it.
This chicken is baked with garlic, lemon and rosemary, which makes an unforgettable combination of flavors. And because it is marinate overnight the chicken absorbs these flavors perfectly. Your dinner will be ready in 30 minutes and you can serve it with my delicious fluffy rice or/and with my roasted green beans as a side dish for a complete and healthy meal.
Rosemary Lemon Roasted Chicken Breasts
Fresh rosemary, lemon juice, and garlic are three simple, yet flavorful ingredients that create this beautiful and delicious Rosemary Lemon Roasted Chicken Breasts.
- 1 tbsp extra (15ml) virgin olive oil
- 2 medium chicken breasts (330g)
- 1 tsp (1g) dried oregano leaves
- 1 tsp (2.1g) smoked paprika
- 1 tsbp (15ml) lemon juice
- 6 Whole garlic cloves
- 5 slices of lemon
- salt and ground black pepper
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary, plus 4 more for garnishing
- In a bowl, season chicken breasts with olive oil, died oregano, smoked paprika, lemon juice, garlic, slices of lemon, salt, pepper and rosemary. Toss everything very well.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and marinate for at least 30 minutes. (Ideally, marinate the chicken for 2-3 hours if you can. Or you can marinate overnight without adding the lemon juice and the slices of lemon. Then 3 hours before cooking the chicken add the juice and the slices of lemon.)
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Place the chicken pieces in a large casserole dish (9×13).
- Roast for 15 minutes.
- Flip pieces and bake a remaining 10-15 minutes or or until the chicken gets to the internal temperature of 165F.
- Garnish with sprigs fresh rosemary and slices of lemon.
If you make this recipe, please don't forget to snap a photo and hashtag it #primaverakitchen. I really want to see!
Products Featured in this Recipe:
(may include affiliate links)
If you like this Rosemary Lemon Roasted Chicken Breasts recipe, please share with your friends and family. Do you wanna taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Google +, Instagram and Facebook for all delicious recipes updates.
Looking for more salmon recipes? What about this flavourful Roasted Lemon Chicken Legs Recipe?