Super flavourful Chicken Salad With Mayo! On this post, you’ll learn how to make chicken salad with lettuce, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, red onions, baked chicken breast, boiled egg, plus a delicious spicy mayo dressing that brings this salad to a whole new level!
I know we all love chicken salad sandwich and classic chicken salad, but this Chicken Salad With Mayo recipe will make you love this new variation of chicken salad even more. It’s delicious even without the bread, because who needs the bad carbs when you have a bowl full of goodies like this one, right?
This homemade chicken salad is a very simple and easy go-to lunch for your week busy days, but it’s awesome for potlucks and picnics on the weekend! And you can use leftover chicken to make your life even easier.
I love making chicken salad since it’s such a filling but light meal like my Easy Chopped Chicken Salad.
Chicken Salad Ingredients:
What I love about this easy chicken salad recipe is the fact that you can use whatever you have in your kitchen. I added lots of veggies that made this salad super nutritious.
- Lettuce – Boston lettuces, romaine lettuces, kale, spinach or arugula (whatever is your jam)
- Cherry tomatoes or any other kind of tomatoes you prefer.
- Red onions
- Green onions for garnish
- Cooked chicken breast
- Boiled egg
- Homemade mayo, hot sauce and lime juice for the sauce (Yum!!!). If you don’t want to use mayo, you can replace it with Greek yogurt.
- Optional: chopped nuts such as almonds, pecans, walnuts and even grapes
How to cook chicken for chicken salad?
So many times when I make this Chicken Salad With Mayo recipe, I use leftover chicken from a rotisserie chicken, or from whatever favourite baked chicken dish I have.
But if I want to make something fresh, I always bake two chicken breasts with lots of spices to add more flavor, at 425˚F for about 18 minutes.
Cooking time will depend on the thickness of the breast. This Baked Chicken Breast recipe has all the instructions you need to make the juiciest chicken breast ever. I also love using this Garlic Butter Baked Chicken Breast in place of my chicken breasts here.
How to make Chicken Salad With Mayo?
This chicken salad recipe is so simple to make and in less than 20 minutes all will be ready for you to dig in.
- First, if you are not using leftover chicken to make this salad, you can season chicken breast with your favorite spices and bake at 425˚F for 18-20 minutes. Remove from the oven. Let it rest for 5 minutes and then slice it. Set aside.
- Second, in a saucepot bring water to a boil and add egg. It should be fine in 5 minutes or so. It’ll depend on how hard you want the yolk to be.
- While egg is boiling, chop/slice all the veggies (cucumber, cherry tomatoes, red onions) and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together mayo, Sriracha, lime juice, and salt/pepper. Then, taste to check the seasoning. Set aside. This dressing is fantastic and adds so much creaminess to the salad. Optional: a 1 teaspoon of dijon mustard to this dressing for an extra flavor.
- In a large bowl, add lettuces and all the veggies. Top with chicken and egg. Pour the dressing all over the salad and enjoy!
If you have some fresh herbs such as fresh dill on hand, chop some and garnish your salad with them.
Subscribe for new recipes & a free e-cookbook
For the Salad
- 4 cups lettuce — chopped
- 1 cup cucumber — sliced
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes — sliced
- ½ cup red onions — sliced
- 1 medium baked chicken breast.
- 1 boiled egg
- In a large salad bowl, add first the lettuce, and then top it with cucumber, cherry tomatoes, red onions, baked chicken breast and boiled egg.
- In a small bowl, mix together mayo, Sriracha, lemon juice, and salt/pepper. Then, taste to check the seasoning and pour over the salad. Enjoy!
Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate.