Super flavourful Chicken Salad! On this post, you’ll learn how to make chicken salad with lettuce, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, red onions, baked chicken breast, boiled egg, plus a delicious spicy mayo dressing that brings this salad to a whole new level!
This salad recipe is delicious even without the bread, because who needs the bad carbs when you have a bowl full of goodies like this one, right? This chicken salad is a very simple and easy go-to lunch for your week busy days! And you can use leftover chicken to make your life even easier.
What I love about this recipe is the fact that you can use whatever you have in your kitchen. I added lots of veggies that made this salad super nutritious.
- Lettuce – Boston lettuces, romaine lettuces, kale, spinach or arugula (whatever is your jam)
- Cherry tomatoes or any other kind of tomatoes you prefer.
- Red onions
- Baked chicken breast
- Boiled egg
- Homemade mayo, hot sauce and lime juice for the sauce (Yum!!!)
How to cook chicken for chicken salad?
So many times when I make this recipe, I use leftover chicken from a roast chicken, or from whatever favourite baked chicken dish I have. But if I want to make something fresh, I always bake two chicken breasts with lots of spices, at 425˚F for about 18 minutes. Cooking time will depend on the thickness of the breast. This Baked Chicken Breast recipe has all the instructions you need to make the juiciest chicken breast ever.
How to make chicken salad?
I love this chicken salad recipe is so simple that in less than 20 minutes all will be ready for you to dig in.
- First, if you are not using leftover chicken to make this salad, you can season chicken breast with your favorite spices and bake at 425˚F for 18-20 minutes. Remove from the oven. Let it rest for 5 minutes and then slice it. Set aside.
- Second, in a saucepot bring water to a boil and add egg. It should be fine in 5 minutes or so. It’ll depend on how hard you want the yolk to be.
- While egg is boiling, chop/slice all the veggies (cucumber, cherry tomatoes, red onions) and set aside.
- In a small bowl,mix together mayo, Sriracha, lime juice, and salt/pepper. Then, taste to check the seasoning. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add lettuces and all the veggies. Top with chicken and egg. Pour the dressing all over the salad and enjoy!
Chicken Salad with Spicy Mayo Dressing
For the Salad
- 4 cups lettuce — chopped
- 1 cup cucumber — sliced
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes — sliced
- ½ cup red onions — sliced
- 1 medium baked chicken breast.
- 1 boiled egg
1/2 cup mayonnaise (I used homemade mayo)
2 tablespoon Sriracha hot sauce, or any other hot sauce you prefer
1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
Salt and black pepper to taste
In a large salad bowl, add first the lettuce, and then top it with cucumber, cherry tomatoes, red onions, baked chicken breast and boiled egg.
In a small bowl, mix together mayo, Sriracha, lime juice, and salt/pepper. Then, taste to check the seasoning and pour over the salad. Enjoy!
Nutrition InformationAmount per serving (1/2) — Calories: 354, Fat: 26g, Saturated Fat: 5g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 14g, Monounsaturated Fat: 6g, Cholesterol: 145mg, Sodium: 559mg, Potassium: 602mg, Carbohydrates: 15g, Fiber: 3g, Sugar: 9g, Protein: 19g
If you make this recipe, follow @primaverakitchen on Instagram, snap a photo and hashtag it #primaverakitchen. I'd love to see what you're making!