The 50 Best Chicken Breast Recipes in this recipe roundup will give you great ideas to make delicious and healthy chicken breast dinner recipes for your family, especially on the busy days.
I went ahead and searched the whole Internet for THE BEST Chicken Breast Recipes to put together in this recipe roundup for you.
I want this post to be your guide so you can find inspiration to create the best chicken breast meals for your whole family. Here you’ll find delicious Baked Chicken Breast recipes, Chicken Salad recipes, Chicken Breast Skillet meals, Stuffed Chicken Breast and more. Check them out and let me know which one is your favorite!
Chicken Breast Recipes
Chicken breast recipes don’t have to be boring and I’m sure you’ll agree with me when you make one of these amazing baked chicken recipes from this list. The following recipes are super easy and fast to make and more importantly they’re a family-friendly weeknight staple.
These Chicken breasts recipes are a must for busy families especially because they’re versatile, affordable, and delicious. So, let’s to check them out!
- Oven Baked Chicken Breast from I Food Real – Make this juicy, flavorful chicken breast in no time! You’ll only need a handful of ingredients and 5-10 minutes of hands-on prep time.
- Cilantro Lime Chicken from I Food Real – If you want some zesty flavor, this recipe is for you. Delicious chicken marinated in a cilantro lime sauce and baked (or grilled) to perfection. Yum!
- Garlic Butter Baked Chicken Breast from Primavera Kitchen (photo below). – This tender, juicy chicken breast is baked in a buttery garlic sauce and it’s to die for. It’s made with skinless chicken breasts. Serve with mashed potatoes to soak up every drop of goodness.
- Baked Chicken Breast from Gimme Some Oven – Seasoned perfectly and baked to perfection! You can’t go wrong with this basic chicken breast recipe, plus it’s super versatile and will certainly pair with almost any side.
- Caprese Stuffed Balsamic Chicken from Cafe Delites – If you love caprese salad, you’ll definitely enjoy this tasty twist on the classic. It’s packed full of bright, fresh flavors and completely mouthwatering.
- Chicken Vegetable Soup Recipe from Primavera Kitchen (photo below) – Warm, comforting chicken soup is always a good idea. This one is full of healthy veggies like onion, bell pepper, zucchini, carrots, fresh herbs and sweet potato and it’s made with delicious chicken broth. Squeeze a little bit of lemon juice on the top and it’s going to be a perfect dinner.
- Spinach Artichoke Stuffed Chicken Breast from Cafe Delites – Turn your favorite dip into a whole meal! I guarantee this recipe will be a family favorite, and it’s even keto-friendly.
- Honey Dijon Garlic Chicken Breasts from Rock Recipes – Infuse your chicken with a tasty sauce made from sweet honey, Dijon mustard and fresh minced garlic cloves.
- Greek Chicken Salad Bowls from Primavera Kitchen (photo below) – These bright, fresh salad bowls are perfect for lunch or as a light dinner. Make healthy eating super convenient with this meal-prep friendly recipe!
- The JUCIEST Baked Chicken Breast from Sweet Peas and Saffron – Tired of bland, mediocre chicken? This extra juicy, no-fail recipe is the polar opposite!
- Garlic Butter Baked Chicken with Mozzarella from Little Spice Jar – If you’re a huge cheese lover like me, this dish is for you. It’s simple and healthy, but oh so tasty and infused with great flavor.
- Spicy Green Beans Chicken Skillet from Primavera Kitchen (photo below) – You can’t go wrong with an easy skillet meal for dinner, chicken and green beans are the best combo, so yummy and also super low-carb.
- Oven Baked Chicken Breast from African Bites – Make this easy chicken breast recipe a part of your weekly meal plan! Pair with all of your favorite veggies or a big salad.
- Spinach & Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast from Recipe Tin Eats – Sun dried tomatoes, greens and gooey mozzarella cheese marry together perfectly for explosive flavor.
- Sun-Dried Tomato, Spinach and Cheese Stuffed Chicken from Primavera Kitchen (photo below) – I absolutely love these stuffed chicken breasts filled with mozzarella, tomato and spinach. Make them in just 30 minutes with only a handful of ingredients!
- Chicken Fajitas from Recipe Tin Eats – When you’re craving Mexican food, this is the perfect easy meal. It’s nutritious, healthy and comes together in just 30 minutes.
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Recipe Tin Eats – Juicy chicken wrapped in crunchy, mouthwatering bacon!? I guarantee your family won’t be able to get enough.
- Asparagus Sweet Potato Chicken Skillet from Primavera Kitchen (photo below) – This skillet meal uses only one pan, making cleanup a breeze. It’s packed with veggies and lots of protein.
- Juicy Skinless Boneless Chicken Breasts from Simply Recipes – Want to make perfect grilled chicken breast every time? The secret is a quick brine!
- Margarita Grilled Chicken Breasts from The Stay at Home Chef – This unique chicken recipe includes actual margarita mix to create the best, zesty flavor.
- Rosemary Lemon Roasted Chicken Breasts from Primavera Kitchen (photo below) – If you haven’t tried rosemary and lemon on chicken, you’re missing out. This combination of ingredients creates an incredible aroma and taste.
- Cajun Stuffed Chicken Breast from The Stay at Home Chef – Do you enjoy spicy food? This recipe has some heat! It calls for pepper jack cheese and includes a homemade cajun seasonings blend with cayenne pepper.
- Baked Caprese Chicken from The Recipe Critic – This caprese chicken recipe features bright, fresh flavors. Plus, it comes together in 35 minutes. It’s great for a simple weeknight dinner, but feels a little fancy and works nicely for special occasions.
- Chimichurri Chicken from Primavera Kitchen (photo below) – Chimichurri sauce is heavenly and truly brings a simple chicken dinner to life because it’s so flavorful. Make this recipe with chicken breasts or thighs.
- Creamy Lemon Parmesan Chicken from The Recipe Critic – Chicken drenched in creamy, lemony sauce with lots of salty parmesan cheese. This recipe is sure to be a favorite!
- Grilled Moroccan Chicken from Cooking Classy – An insanely delicious blend of Moroccan spies takes this chicken to the next level. Marinate your meat for at least 2 hours for best results.
- Mediterranean Chicken Skillet Recipe from Primavera Kitchen (photo below) – This tasty chicken recipe is made with sliced olives, feta cheese crumbles and diced tomatoes which melt down into a sauce when baked.
- One Pan Creamy Lemon Chicken and Asparagus from Le Creme dela Crumb – You’ll want to make this creamy, comforting chicken recipe again and again. Lots of sauce means this meal is great with orzo, rice, potatoes or rolls.
- Mango Salsa Chicken from Le Creme dela Crumb – This dish is bright, colorful and really yummy. I think it’s extra tasty in the warmer months, but you can totally enjoy it all year round.
- Sweet Potato Chicken Kale Skillet from Primavera Kitchen (photo below) – Chicken, bacon, sweet potato and kale blend together perfectly in this dish to create a beautiful medley of flavors. This 30-minute meal is excellent for a busy weeknight due to easy cleanup.
- Pesto Chicken Salad Recipe from Primavera Kitchen – Pesto chicken salad is yummy, healthy and filling. It’s got greens, avocado, cherry tomatoes, red onion and salty feta crumbles plus a bright and lemony homemade dressing.
- Spinach and Feta Stuffed Chicken Breasts from Primavera Kitchen – You’ll find both feta and mozzarella in this cheesy chicken recipe. It’s drenched in delicious tomato sauce which adds tons of extra flavor.
- Healthy Baked Chicken Parmesan from Primavera Kitchen – Many chicken parmesan recipes use a deep-frying method and lots of oil. You can make this healthier baked version and cut WAY back on calories without sacrificing quality.
- Sweet Potato Chicken Soup Recipe from Primavera Kitchen – This hearty soup comes together effortlessly. Make it on the stovetop in about 30 minutes. It’s healthy, nutritious, packed with veggies and even gluten-free.
- Grilled Chicken Avocado Salad from Primavera Kitchen – A refreshing salad made with citrus dressing, chicken, lettuce, cucumber, onion and avocado. Perfect for spring or summer!
- Slow Cooker Chicken Chili Recipe from Primavera Kitchen – When the cold season rolls around, you’ll want to make this chili over and over because it’s full of warm spices, making it the epitome of healthy comfort food.
- One-Pan Mediterranean Roast Chicken from Primavera Kitchen – Sheet pan meals are so convenient. Just season your chicken and veggies, then cook everything together, all at once! This recipe is also meal-prep friendly.
- Quinoa Chicken Salad from Primavera Kitchen – Healthy, quick and easy! This grain salad can be enjoyed chilled or warm. It’s great as a side dish or for lunch, but also makes a good light dinner.
- Chicken and Mango Couscous Salad from Primavera Kitchen – This dish is very similar to my chicken quinoa salad (above), but it’s made with couscous. Couscous is a type of wheat pasta whereas quinoa is a grain.
- Creamy Parmesan Chicken Skillet from Primavera Kitchen – Truly unforgettable! This chicken breast recipe has an amazing aroma and explosive flavor, serve it with Garlic Bread so you can soak up the extra sauce.
- Spicy Chicken Meal-Prep Bowls from Primavera Kitchen – Tired of eating sandwiches for lunch? These spicy and savory meal prep bowls will save the day when you need a hot meal.
- Chicken Fajita Meal-Prep Bowls from Primavera Kitchen – Nothing is better than Mexican food all prepped and ready to go. I’m always excited when I’ve got this meal packed for lunch at the office.
- Chicken Stroganoff with Butternut Squash Mash from Primavera Kitchen: Hearty, healthy and super creamy (yet dairy-free)! This recipe is warm, comforting and therefore the best way to heat up on a chilly night.
- Chicken Stroganoff from Primavera Kitchen – This more classic chicken stroganoff recipe is generally served over noodles, rice or mashed potatoes.
- Goat Cheese Chicken Stuffed Sweet Potato from Primavera Kitchen – A uniquely delicious recipe made with goat cheese crumbles, veggies and chicken stuffed inside of a creamy sweet potato.
- Sweet Potato Pesto Chicken Skillet from Primavera Kitchen – Need an easy dinner idea? This is an awesome option! If you love cheesy chicken breast recipes, this one fits the bill. I generally add five slices of mozzarella, but you can definitely use more if you want.
- Low-Carb Chicken Zucchini Enchilada from Primavera Kitchen – If you’re looking for low-carb chicken breast recipes, I’ve got you! These enchiladas are made with “zucchini tortillas.” Each serving has approximately 4.4 net carbs making this dish very keto-friendly.
- Asparagus Stuffed Chicken Breast from Primavera Kitchen – This yummy stuffed chicken recipe is extra bright and flavored with lemon zest!
- 5-Ingredient Chicken Zucchini Boats from Primavera Kitchen – Zucchini boats are nutritious, keto-friendly (low-carb) and gluten free. With this recipe you can eat healthy without feeling like you’re missing out because it’s so good!
- Chimichurri Chicken Chopped Salad from Primavera Kitchen – Ultra-fresh salad with lettuce, cucumber, onion, diced bell peppers and grilled chicken. Toss everything in chimichurri sauce for unbeatable flavor.
- 4-Ingredient Chicken Zucchini Rolls from Primavera Kitchen – This recipe is kind of like lightened-up lasagna, it’s cheesy and delicious but low carb, low calorie and even gluten free.
And now I thought it would be an awesome idea to share my super simple and quick baked chicken breast recipe with you that you could make it in less than 20 minutes. Feel free to use this baked chicken breast recipe in another recipe you prefer since it’s pretty versatile. You can slice these chicken breasts and toss them over a green salad, shred and put it into tacos, wraps, sandwiches and soups. Enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions
First, it’s important to know that the cooking time will depend on the size of your chicken breast and also on the power of your oven as some ovens have slight heat differences.
But according to USDA, a 4-oz. chicken breast should be bake at 350°F (177˚C) for 25 minutes or 30 minutes. But if the chicken breast is smaller then 4oz, bake it for about 20 minutes. Or it can be bake at 425˚F for about 18-20 minutes.
For me the best two healthiest ways to cook chicken is to bake it in the oven or to stir fry it with your favourite vegetables and healthy fats (olive oil, ghee, coconut oil or avocado oil). On the list above you’ll find a variety of baked chicken breast recipes or stir fry recipes for you to try.
Chicken breast is known for its lean protein. It has about 31g of protein per serving and if you cook it without the skin, it doesn’t have lots of fat or calories. The nutrition facts for 3.5 ounce of roasted chicken breast is:
Protein: 31 g
Fat: 4 g
Saturated fat: 1 g
Carbohydrates: 0 g
According to the USDA, you can keep cooked chicken is safe to eat for 3-4 days if it is properly stored in a sealed container. It will last for about 3 months in the freezer.I really hope you enjoy this post and if you try one of these delicious chicken breast recipes, please let me know on the comment below 😉
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Pound chicken to 0.6" at the thickest part with a meat mallet, rolling pin, your fist or even a heavy cast iron skillet. This step will help the chicken to cook evenly.
- Mix all the spices (paprika, dried oregano, garlic powder, salt and pepper) in a small bowl.
- Line baking dish or roasting pan with parchment paper. Place the chicken breasts in a single layer.
- Pour olive oil on top of the chicken breast, rub over with your fingers and sprinkle the seasonings on top of the chicken. Do step 5 on both sides.
- Bake for about 18-20 minutes, or until it gets the internal temperature of 165˚F. To know exactly when it is fully cooked, use a meat thermometer.
- Remove from oven and transfer chicken breast to a cutting board. Allow cooling down for about 5 minutes before serving.
- Store in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 4 days, or freeze for up to 3 months.
- Pounding the chicken helps it cook through quickly and evenly so the exterior doesn’t dry out before the interior cooks.
- Allowing the chicken to rest before cutting will allow the moisture to redistribute inside the chicken breasts.
- Pat the chicken dry before you season it so the oil and seasoning stick better.
- To store: Store leftover chicken breasts in an airtight container for up to 4 days in the fridge.
- To reheat: You can reheat the chicken in a microwave when ready to eat. You can also eat chicken cold.
- To freeze: You can freeze chicken breasts in a freezer-safe bag or container for up to 3 months.
Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate.