This Spinach Sweet Potato Soup is a hearty and comforting meal that is so easy and quick to make and loaded with ground turkey, sweet potato and spinach!
This week is going to be a Soup Week here on my blog which means Thursday I’ll be sharing one more delicious soup and on Saturday a soup roundup recipe. It is just a little way to celebrate one of the most desirable comforting winter meals.
I know spring is right at the corner and the temperatures are still below zero, but while the warmer weather is coming, I am more than open to have some of my favourite soups recipe such as carrot parsnip soup or beet sweet potato soup. I enjoy these during my weeknight meals just because they are so easy to make, flavorful and satisfying.
I guess by now you guys already now that I have a love affair with sweet potatoes soups. I don’t know why but sweet potato is just great even better in soup. It is maybe because they are more likely to absolve all the flavors from the broth. Mmm… yummy! And the other great ingredient we have in the recipe is the spinach that makes this soup even healthier and tasty. I love the combination of sweet potato and spinach!
The best part of this Spinach Sweet Potato Soup is the extra-lean ground turkey that just makes this soup a complete meal with all the protein you need. And it is low fat too. You can add as much ground turkey to your soup as you like. It depends on what you feel like. The more you add, the more filling it’ll be. Also if you don’t have ground turkey in your fridge you can add turkey leftovers. I am sure it will be delicious! Enjoy!
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin oil
- ½ lbs extra-lean ground turkey
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¾ cup yellow onion, diced
- ½ cup celery, diced
- ½ cup red pepper, diced
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 cup sweet potato, diced
- 5 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups spinach
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper
- In a large pot over high heat, add olive oil. When the pan and the oil are hot, turn the heat down to medium.
- Add ground turkey and garlic. Stir occasionally and cook for about 10 minutes or so.
- Add onions, celery, red peppers and dried parsley. Cook until onions are gold brown.
- Add the sweet potato, broth and bring it to a boil.
- Cook for about 10 to 15mins.
- Add spinach, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper and cook for 4 minutes more.
- Taste and add any extra seasonings, if necessary.
I hope I could inspire you to go to the kitchen and roast some vegetables today. Don’t forget the more you practice, the more you learn. Thank you so much for stopping by.
If you like this Spinach Sweet Potato Soup, please share with your friends and family. Do you wanna taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Google +, Instagram and Facebook for all delicious recipes updates.
More Soup Recipes!
This Pasta Soup with Sweet potato is a quick-and-easy go-to meal!
Fresh and delicious Zucchini Soup!