Subscribe to receive new recipes!
Taste more! Sign up and you'll be getting to your inbox brand new content weekly such as recipes, cooking tips, videos and my FREE E-COOKBOOK.
This Warm Bacon Lentil Salad is very easy and quick to make and it is tossed with a delicious Dijon dressing!
The past few days I’ve been really busy and tired. Thomas got a cold and he is still not great although he’s getting better. But of course I got his cold too now. Oh boy, mom and son sick is not fun! Yesterday I was so exhausted that my husband came home earlier from work to help me with Thomas. My whole body was in pain and Thomas needed our attention all the time. That was very good. I could relax a little bit and even later on we went out for a walk before dinner to breath some fresh air. I’m so grateful that his work hours are very flexible, allowing him to do something like that sometimes. Thanks, babe. I love you!
Since I wasn’t feeling well I cooked something easy and like this DELICIOUS warm lentil salad. If you love lentils this dish is for you. It’s ultra-easy and quick to make, gluten-free and only requires few ingredients. Guys, I’m telling you: You MUST make this salad because it’s very flavorful with the Dijon dressing and the crispy bacon bites.
It requires only 5 minutes to prepare everything because you only need to chop onions and bell pepper. And while the onions are been cooked you can make the Dijon dressing to pour over this warm lentil salad. The best part of it is that you can eat this salad warn right after it is done or you can keep it for up 5-6 days in the fridge and eat cold too. It’s delicious both ways. Enjoy!
- 2 cups cooked green lentil
- 3 thick-cut slices of bacon, cut into small pieces
- 1 ½ cup red onions, chopped
- ½ cup red bell pepper, chopped
- ½ tablespoon garlic, minced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, plus more to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- For the dressing
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ½ tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- In a skillet over medium heat, add bacon and cook for 5 minutes or until crispy. Drain most of the bacon fat out of the pan, but leave about 1 tablespoon in the skillet.
- Add the onions, red bell pepper and garlic and cook until onions are tender. Stir occasionally. It’s about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add olive oil, mustard and balsamic vinegar in a small mason jar. Close the lid and shake for few seconds. Set aside.
- Add cooked lentils to the skillet and stir in the bacon and shallot mixture.
- Pour the dressing over the lentil mixture.
- Season with salt and fresh ground pepper.
- Top with fresh parsley before serving.
If you like this Shrimp Vegetable Skillet recipe, please share with your friends and family. Do you wanna taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Google +, Instagram and Facebook for all delicious recipes updates. As always, you are really appreciated for stopping by.