Subscribe to receive new recipes!
Taste more! Sign up and you'll be getting to your inbox brand new content weekly such as recipes, cooking tips, videos and my FREE E-COOKBOOK.
This warm collard quinoa salad with fresh cherry tomatoes is a healthy great meal for lunch and dinner. It is so simple to prepare and full of nutrients.
Who does not like Quinoa?! It is so simple to prepare and full of nutrients. It is perfect for fresh and delicious salads and you can have it either for lunch or dinner. This salad is made with fresh collard leaves, which are one of my favorite dark green leaves, and tossed with olive oil, garlic, onion and red pepper flakes. Hum… So good. If you love warm salad this one is perfect for you. There is no better combination than quinoa and collard to make a perfect, nutritious and flavorful warm salad.
Now, about the recipe.
I highly suggest before cooking quinoa that you always rinse very well for about 3 minutes or so in running cold water. Quinoa has saponins, which are naturally occurring chemical compounds that some people may be very sensitive to. Now for the collard, you can cut it in slices and then wash and dry it in your salad spinner or wash and dry one leaf at the time before slice them.
Since you are sautéing leaves always keep the heat at low to avoid the leaves getting very soggy. As for the tomatoes, you can cut them in half or not depending on your preference.
Want to browse all of my healthy recipe posts? Follow my Primavera Kitchen Board on Pinterest!!! I also have great Pinterest Boards such as Healthy Dinner, Quinoa Dishes, Healthy Slow Cooker Meals and Soups and Stews. I hope you enjoy all the delicious and healthy recipes I have there!!
Let’s check the recipe.
- For the Quinoa
- 1 cup of Quinoa
- 2 cups of water
- ½ tsp of salt
- 1 garlic clove, pealed
- For the sauté collard greens
- 1 bunch collard greens
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ onion, diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 tsp extra olive oil
- Red pepper flakes, to taste
- Ground black pepper
- First, place quinoa in a fine strainer, rinse under cold running water for 2 or 3 minutes and drain for a few minutes.
- Bring water to a boil in a medium pan, add the quinoa, a clove of garlic and salt.
- Turn down the heat to medium-low, cover, and cook for about 15 or 20 minutes until the quinoa is fluffy.
- Remove the garlic clove from the pan as it was only used for flavouring.
- Cut and trim the stems away from the collard.
- Stack a few the leaves on top of each other, roll tightly and slice the leaves.
- Wash and set aside to drain.
- In a skillet, add the extra virgin olive oil over medium heat.
- Add onions, garlic and red pepper flakes.
- Cook until the onions are soft and golden.
- Add tomatoes and cook until soft.
- Turn the heat to low and add the collard greens, stirring until wilted.
- Finally, add the cooled quinoa and stir well. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
I really hope you enjoy this recipe and share with your friends and family if you think it is worthy.
If you like this recipe, please share with your friends and family. Do you wanna taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Google +, Instagram and Facebook for all delicious recipes updates.
Bring Joy and Quinoa into your life 😉
Taste more recipes from Primavera Kitchen!
This Easy and Quick Quinoa Salad is tossed in a homemade vinaigrette dressing and loaded with beans, red onions, pepper and parsley!
This Quinoa Salad with Roasted Asparagus is so quick and easy to make.
This mediterranean quinoa salad is made with cherry tomatoes, bocconcini and fresh basil.