Twist the traditional egg salad for this delicious avocado egg salad recipe made with bell pepper, cucumber, herbs, lemon juice, and salt and pepper. No mayo necessary!
If you are like me, you probably love egg salad. But if you think traditional egg salad is good, wait until you taste this slightly twisted version by adding avocados. Yum!!! Avocado will transform your egg salad in something super creamy and healthier.
As we all know, avocados are full of good fats for you, loaded with fibres and of course they’re delicious! On top of that, you won’t need to add mayo because avocados are already creamy and flavourful enough to skip it. We all know that store bought mayo is not the best thing to feed your body, unless you make your own using healthy fats. So, replace mayo for avocados sounds like a good deal for me 😉
Ingredients to make this salad:
My avocado egg salad recipe is a bit different from the other ones out there because I add lots of veggies to make this salad even healthier. So I use…
- Avocado and hard-boiled eggs – these are the base of this salad. You can’t skip those 😉
- Chopped bell pepper, onion and cucumber – I love adding these veggies in my avocado egg salad because it gets crunchier and of course they add more nutrients to this dish.
- Herbs such as parsley and dill – These are the best for egg salad but chives also are great if you have some to add in.
- Salt, black pepper and olive oil – Can’t forget that, right? They all add even more flavour to this avocado egg salad.
How to make avocado egg salad
- It’s simple and quick to make. First, you need to boil the eggs for about 7 minutes and while they’re boiling, you chop onions, bell pepper and cucumber.
- Then, remove egg from heat, allow eggs to cool down in cold water, peel and chop them.
- In a medium bowl, mash the avocados with a fork; add all the veggies, herbs, salt, black pepper and olive oil. Mix everything well to combine. Done!
What to serve with avocado egg salad
If you are doing Whole30 or follow paleo and low-carb diets you can serve is on top of a big and delicious green salad. However, if you are not following any diet, you definitely should serve it on top of a toast or make a sandwich. Enjoy!
Avocado Egg Salad Recipe
- 2 avocados
- ½ cup red bell pepper — diced
- ¼ cup red onion — diced
- 1 teaspoon parsley — chopped
- ½ teaspoon dill — chopped
- 1/3 cup cucumber — diced
- 6 eggs hard-boiled
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- A drizzle of olive oil
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Green onions for garnishing
In a medium bowl, add avocados and mash with a fork or the back of a wooden spoon until mostly smooth.
Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well with a spoon until creamy.
Serve at room temperature or place it in the fridge for 15 minutes or until it’s cold for your taste.
Nutrition InformationAmount per serving (1/4) — Calories: 330, Fat: 25g, Saturated Fat: 6g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g, Monounsaturated Fat: 13g, Cholesterol: 491mg, Sodium: 194mg, Potassium: 620mg, Carbohydrates: 8g, Fiber: 5g, Sugar: 3g, Protein: 18g
If you make this recipe, follow @primaverakitchen on Instagram, snap a photo and hashtag it #primaverakitchen. I'd love to see what you're making!