This is the fastest way to get more greens in your diet. Make this delicious Mango Green Smoothie and start your day right.
Tomorrow my mom arrives from Brazil and I can’t be more excited. I can’t wait to give her a huge hug and to show her my pregnant belly. She is coming to see the birth of her grandson and to help me to take care of him as well.
I haven’t seen my mom for about 7 months or since last June when she and my sister came to spend summer with me in Canada.
I miss them a lot! It’s very hard to live so far away from your family, but I feel very blessed anyway because every time I need my family they are always beside me even though there are 9,299km (5778.131miles) separating us.
I wish my sister could be here with me as well, but she has a 14 months old child so we thought it was better for her to stay in Brazil since in three months my husband, our new baby and I will be visiting my country. So my sister will meet her nephew then. I told you guys she is going to be his godmother too? She is so happy with that 😉
Subscribe for new recipes & a free e-cookbook
You are going to be so happy with this recipe today because it is so delicious and at the same time healthy. I know everybody is trying to eat healthy at the beginning of the year (I can say that by the amount of traffic I got in January).
So I thought a green smoothie would be a great way to go. I love green smoothies because they are so easy and quick to put together, delicious and healthy too. Some other smoothies I’ve been enjoying are my Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie, Pineapple Mango Mint Smoothie, and Low Carb Green Smoothie Recipe.
This is one of my favorite ways to start my day especially when you don’t have time to prepare breakfast before leaving to work. Just blend for few minutes all the ingredients together and you are ready to go.
The Best Blender for Smoothie:
You need to have a very good blender to make a good smoothie. Otherwise your smoothie will be full of lumps. Not good!
For sure my favorite blender that I highly recommend are:
- NutriBullet: It’s one of my favorite because it allows you to blend in the cup you’ll be drinking from. It’s so practical and makes clean up a breeze. Every smoothie I’ve made using it has turned out amazing!
- Vitamix: This is the most powerful blender ever. You can easily crush ice into a drinkable slush and cut through frozen fruits, nut and seeds well. I make smoothies, my low-carb blueberry muffins, my mashed cauliflower and lots of soups with it. It’s also make sauces, spreads and digs. I love it so much and really recommend it.
This recipe works with fresh mango too! When I buy mangos by the case-full, I always have a ton ripe at the same time so I like to make this smoothie for breakfast then this Cajun Grilled Chicken with Black Bean Mango Salad, Mango Quinoa Salad Recipe, and Black Bean Mango Salad Recipe throughout the week.
Mango Green Smoothie
- ½ cup almond milk you can also use water, coconut water or coconut milk
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 medium ripe banana peeled and frozen into chunks
- ¾ cup frozen mango chunks
- 1 tbsp almond butter optional
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- Add all the ingredients to a blender and puree for about 30 seconds.
- Taste to adjust flavor and serve immediately.
- Using a frozen banana leads to a creamier smoothie.
- You can use fresh mango if you have some on hand.
- Make sure to wash the spinach before making a smoothie.
- To store: You can store the mango green smoothie for an extra day in the fridge but you'll have to give it a mix as the smoothie may separate in the fridge.
- To freeze: Freeze the smoothie in an airtight container with some space on top as the smoothie will expand.
Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate.
If you like this Mango Green Smoothie recipe, please share with your friends and family. Do you wanna taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook for all delicious recipes updates. As always, you are really appreciated for stopping by.
More Smoothie Recipes!
Leave a Comment