This Quick Easy Tuna Pasta recipe is a delicious, healthy meal to make when time is short, but you still want to make a nutritious meal for dinner or lunch.
Last week, I made a recipe with quinoa pasta, and since I loved the texture of it, I am now totally addicted to this pasta. Every time I want to cook pasta, I choose quinoa pasta because there isn’t a huge difference between the traditional pasta and quinoa pasta. Plus, using quinoa means this pasta is a complete protein! Of course, if you choose whole-wheat pasta, it is also a great option since it has a higher amount of fibre.
My husband has been traveling for work for about 10 days. When I am alone, I don’t like to cook anything that takes more than 20 minutes to be ready. Ground Turkey Sweet Potato Skillet and Leek Kalamata Rice are my favourite under-30-minute recipes. I honestly don’t know why people love to cook for one. For me, it’s so boring to cook only for myself, but I REALLY enjoy cooking for someone else like my husband or friends. I have to confess… Sometimes I even buy frozen cooked meals so that I don’t have to cook for one. Yes, I know. This is awful and isn’t healthy at all, but life is not perfect and neither am I. 😉
So, I decide to make this Quick Easy Tuna Pasta recipe for lunch because it is very easy to make, and I doubled the recipe to have leftovers for dinner. The ingredients are so simple, and I bet everyone has these in the fridge and pantry. Once you chop the onion, you’re almost done. No kidding!! You only need to sauté the onions and garlic, and then add the flaked tuna, homemade tomato sauce, and cooked pasta to the pan. There you have it! A healthy, delicious meal ready to enjoy at any time! If you’re a tuna fan like myself, you should also try my Super Easy Avocado Cucumber Tuna Salad, Tuna Salad Meal Prep Bowls, Tuna Cucumber Cups Recipe, and Avocado Cucumber Tuna Salad!
Hope you enjoy this Quick Easy Tuna Pasta recipe today. Get inspired, and make something tasty and nutritious in your kitchen!!
See below for how to make this Quick Easy Tuna Pasta recipe:
Subscribe for new recipes & a free e-cookbook
- 2 cups quinoa fusilli
- salt and ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup red onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 3½ ounces canned tuna drained
- 1 cup homemade tomato sauce or tomato sauce of your choice
- 1 tablespoon basil leaves chopped, for garnishing
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese shredded
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- Add the quinoa fusilli, and cook according to the packet instructions. Drain the pasta.
- Heat the oil in a pan, and add the onion. Sauté until they are golden brown.
- Add the garlic, and cook until fragrant.
- Flake the tuna into the onion mixture, and heat.
- Add the tomato sauce and cooked quinoa fusilli to the tuna mixture. Stir well for 1 minute or so.
- Serve with a generous grinding of pepper, basil leaves, and Parmesan cheese.
- Feel free to use fresh tuna if you have leftover cooked tuna in the fridge.
- You can use tuna packed in oil or water. It's up to you!
- I use quinoa fusilli but you can use a different pasta.
- To store: Store the leftover tuna pasta in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- To reheat: You can easily reheat everything in the microwave or enjoy it chilled.
- To freeze: Once cooled completely, transfer the dish to an airtight freezer-safe container and freeze for up to 2 months.
Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate.
If you like this Quick Easy Tuna Pasta recipe, please share it with your friends and family. Do you want to taste more? Check out this post on the Top 10 Tuna Recipes You Can Enjoy This Summer! Subscribe to my newsletter, and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook for all delicious recipe updates. As always, I really appreciate you stopping by.