Looking for a high-protein salad? This delicious Shrimp Avocado Tomato Salad recipe is fresh, healthy, and quick and easy to make!
We are having warm and beautiful days in Toronto and of course, I’m enjoying every minute of this nice weather. My mom is in town and we’ve been walking around the city. I’m glad the weather is good because last time she visited, it was February and she did not like the cold weather.
Today, we walked by the lake Ontario and visited the Toronto Music Garden. What a gorgeous park, full of flowers. It was a lovely afternoon! I got home feeling much better and happy for living in a city with lots of green space and nature.
And of course, when the weather is nice, you want to eat fresh and colorful meals. At least I’m like that. For lunch, I love eating a big bowl of salad with some protein just like this Shrimp Avocado Tomato Salad recipe.
What I love about this recipe is that it’s packed with protein from the shrimp and eggs. You’ll feel very satisfied and energized to enjoy your afternoon. It’s also gluten-free and low-carb. If you don’t add feta cheese, it’s paleo-friendly too. This Shrimp Avocado Tomato Salad recipe is also so quick to prepare. Shrimp cooks very fast and while you’re chopping the veggies, your eggs are being boiled.
Shrimp Avocado Tomato Salad
For the shrimp
For the salad
- 4-6 cups romaine lettuce — washed and chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes — cut in half
- 3 slices of red onions
- Half avocado
- 2 medium boiled eggs — sliced
- Feta cheese for garnishing
For the shrimp
- Using paper towels, pat dry shrimp and add in a medium bowl.
- Add salt and black pepper. Stir well.
- In a skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add shrimp and cook for about 1-2 minutes each side or until they are cooked through. Set aside.
For the salad
- In a large salad bowl, add lettuces, red onions, cherry tomatoes, boiled eggs, and cooked shrimp.
- Slice avocados and arrange on salad.
- In a mason jar, pour the freshly squeezed lemon juice, olive oil, and dijon mustard. Add salt and pepper and whisk everything together. Continue to whisk while streaming in the olive oil dressing*.
- Taste to check the seasoning and pour over the salad.
Top with feta cheese. Enjoy!
Nutrition InformationAmount per serving (1/4) — Calories: 254, Fat: 18.2g, Saturated Fat: 3g, Cholesterol: 184mg, Sodium: 338mg, Carbohydrates: 7.3g, Fiber: 2.8g, Sugar: 2.7g, Protein: 15.2g
If you make this recipe, please don't forget to snap a photo and hashtag it #primaverakitchen. I really want to see!
And if you like this Shrimp Avocado Tomato Salad recipe, please share with your friends and family. Do you want to taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Google+, Instagram, and Facebook for all delicious recipes updates. As always, I really appreciate you stopping by.