This Super Easy Broccoli Kale Slaw Salad is a great recipe for a Whole30 healthier version of classic broccoli slaw, which is made with homemade mayo and it’s sugar-free. It also can be made ahead and stored in the fridge for up 3 days.
I’m so excited to share with you this big bowl of cool, creamy and crunchy slaw.
This Super Easy Broccoli Kale Slaw Salad is just the perfect side dish to make everybody at the table happy. I know many people think that broccoli kale slaw salad is more for warm weather, but for me it’s a type of salad to enjoy all year round.
And it comes together so easily because you’ll use a bag of broccoli slaw found in the produce aisle. To make this this Super Easy Broccoli Kale Slaw Salad you really have to do only two things: chop kale and make the homemade mayo, which takes only 1 minute to make it.
This Super Easy Broccoli Kale Slaw Salad is Very Versatile!
I love that this salad is highly customizable with whatever you have in your fridge. Swap out kale for spinach or sliced almonds for pumpkin seeds, and if you prefer you can even add slices of red onions and dried Cranberries in there.
The possibility here is endless. So, this crunchy Super Easy Broccoli Kale Slaw Salad is just the healthy side dish that you’ve been looking for.
Traditional broccoli slaw salad is not very healthy with lots of sugar. But this recipe is just as good as the regular recipe but without sugar. It’s such a simple salad and it’s a Whole30, paleo and low-carb recipe that you can take to a holiday party for example. I love making side-dishes to bring to parties because there can never be enough! A few more I like to bring are my Easy Broccoli Salad Recipe and Broccoli Cauliflower Casserole (Web Story). Who doesn’t love a healthy side dish?
Serve this Super Easy Broccoli Kale Slaw Salad with:
- Pan Seared Steak with Mushrooms
- Garlic Butter Baked Pork Chops
- Baked Lemon Dijon Salmon
- Garlic Butter Trout in Foil
- Garlic Butter Salmon in Foil
- In a large bowl, add broccoli slaw, chopped kale and sliced almond.
- In a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise and lemon juice.
- Add salt, black pepper and red flakes pepper to taste.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss to combine well.
- Serve immediately or store in a container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- For more salad recipes, please click here.
- Make sure to remove the stems of the kale as they're tough and unpleasant to eat.
- Massage the kale for a few minutes to help break down some of the tough, fibrous characteristics of kale.
- Use fresh lemon juice for the best flavour.
- To store: Avoid keeping the coleslaw salad for longer than 3 days as it'll become soggy.
Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate.