Crispy, hands-off, and fast, Air Fryer Bacon is the way to make bacon. You’ll never want to make bacon any other way after using this air fryer method. Ready in just 10 quick minutes, air fryer bacon is a great addition to any breakfast spread. This mess-free method gets you perfectly crispy bacon every single time.
Cooked quickly with no fuss, air fryer bacon is going to be your new favourite recipe! It cooks evenly with no extra oil and you don’t even have to keep an eye on it. No grease splatters, easy cleanup, and super crispy, everyone will want seconds! Even better, there’s no flipping involved. Once you’ve put the bacon in the air fryer, you’re done. You can work on the rest of breakfast or just relax for the next 10 minutes.
Need some serving ideas of what to enjoy with this crispy bacon? Try my Low Carb Raspberry Smoothie, Low Carb Green Smoothie Recipe, or Raspberry Chia Pudding. They are great recipes to start your day with.
How to Make Air Fryer Bacon
- Bacon — use high-quality bacon for the best tasting result. Use nitrate and sugar-free bacon to make sure the bacon is Whole30-friendly. Thicker bacon will take longer to cook than thinner bacon.
Place the bacon in the air fryer
- Place the bacon strips in a single layer in the air fryer basket.
- If you have a smaller air fryer, cut strips in half to fit well. Over overlapping the bacon strips.
Air fry the bacon
- Air fry bacon at 400˚F for 7-9 minutes, or until bacon is browned and reaches desired crispiness.
- Check it halfway through and rearrange slices with tongs if necessary so they’re not overlapping.
- Place cooked bacon on a paper towel-lined plate to absorb extra oil. Then, add more bacon strips to the air fryer if you are cooking bacon in batches.
How long to cook bacon in the air fryer?
It really depends! Thick-cut bacon will take 10 minutes but thin bacon will take closer to 8 to 9 minutes. Check around the 8-minute mark to make sure your bacon crisps up to your liking.
- Empty out any bacon fat to avoid smoke coming out of the air fryer before cooking your next batch.
- Avoid overlapping the bacon so it cooks evenly. A little overlap is fine as the bacon strips will shrink as they cook in the air fryer.
- You can cut the strips in half so they lay flat in the basket or if you want them to cook up extra fast.
- Bacon will continue to crisp up as it cooks so make sure not to overcook the bacon.
- Preheat the air fryer if your air fryer model requires you to do so.
- I can’t stress enough how it’s important to lay bacon strips in a single layer. If you overlap, it may become soggy.
- You can season bacon! Try adding some cracked pepper, brown sugar, or maple syrup to the bacon strips before air frying.
- There is no need to add any oil to the recipe. The air fryer will make sure the bacon crisps up without additional oil.
Can I use turkey bacon?
You can use turkey bacon in place of pork bacon if you prefer. Just cook the turkey bacon as you would regular bacon.
After you’ve drained the bacon strips on paper towels and cooled to room temperature, seal the bacon in a reusable silicone bag or glass container and place it in the fridge for about 5 to 6 days. Warm it up in the microwave for a few seconds for breakfast. Or add it back to the air fryer for 1 to 2 minutes.
You can pack up these strips of bacon to enjoy throughout the week or use it as a grab-and-go breakfast option. It’s such a versatile recipe as it can be used for anything from breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Can I freeze bacon?
You can! Place the bacon in a single layer with wax paper or parchment paper in between. Freeze in a reusable silicone bag or glass container for up to 2 months. Again, make sure you’ve cooled it to room temperature and drained any excess oil.
Recipes that use bacon
Need a few recipes that use bacon? Try one of these:
- Sausage and Potato Breakfast Casserole: this make-ahead breakfast casserole is easy to make and perfect for feeding a crowd.
- Brussels Sprouts Bacon Salad: this easy brussels sprouts salad makes for a satisfying and healthy lunch.
- Cabbage Steak Recipe: top off this low-carb recipe with chopped bacon.
- Easy Chopped Chicken Salad: this healthy chopped chicken salad is a healthy and easy meal or meal prep.
- Low-Carb Bacon and Cheese Scones: gluten-free and ultra-simple to whip up, these homemade scone sare sprinkled with bacon, cheese, and chives!
Air Fryer Bacon
- 8 slices bacon
- First, place the bacon strips in a single layer in the air fryer basket. If you have a smaller air fryer, cut strips in half to fit well.
- Air fry bacon at 400˚F for 7-9 minutes, or until bacon is browned and reaches desired crispiness. Check it halfway through and rearrange slices with tongs if necessary.
- Place cooked bacon to a paper towel-lined plate. Then, add more bacon strips if you are cooking bacon in batches. Enjoy!
If you make this recipe, follow @primaverakitchen on Instagram, snap a photo and hashtag it #primaverakitchen. I'd love to see what you're making!