You don’t need a ton of ingredients to make this delicious Air Fryer Chicken Thighs Recipe. These thighs are perfectly seasoned and oh so crispy! Tasty, juicy, and so easy, you can cook up these skin-on chicken thighs in 20 minutes!
If you want an easy family dinner then look no further than these Air Fryer Chicken Thighs! They’re so easy to make, my son loves them, and you won’t believe that it only takes 6 ingredients (plus salt and pepper!) to make. Get dinner on the table fast with this easy air fryer recipe!
These chicken thighs are so juicy and tender and cook up so quickly in the air fryer. Plus it takes way less work than cooking them on the stove top and you don’t heat up the house like you would with the oven! Seriously, you really need to try cooking them up in the air fryer, it’s life changing!
Try this Air Fryer Chicken Wings Recipe or this Air Fryer Chicken Breast Recipe if you want another air fryer recipe. Don’t have an air fryer and but want a delicious chicken thigh recipe for dinner tonight? Try my Easy Baked Chicken Thighs or my Garlic Butter Chicken Thighs.
How to Make Air Fryer Chicken Thighs
- Chicken Thighs — I suggest using boneless skin-on chicken thighs for ease. This way you don’t have to deal with the bone and can enjoy the crispy skin! Check out ButcherBox for free range organic chicken with no antibiotics or added hormones.
- Seasoning — I use a mix of dried oregano, paprika, garlic powder, ground coriander, cumin, salt, and black pepper to season my air fryer chicken thighs. Feel free to change things up.
Prepare the Seasoning
In a small bowl, combine the dried oregano, paprika, garlic powder, ground coriander, cumin, salt, and black pepper.
Prepare the Chicken Thighs
- Pat the chicken thighs dry with a paper towel then add the seasonings on top of the chicken thighs and using your hands toss until fully coated. When you pat the thighs dry, it helps the seasoning stick to the thighs better. Plus the moisture will make the thighs steam up in the air fryer so don’t skip patting them dry!
Air Fry the Thighs
- Place the chicken thighs skin side down in the basket of the air fryer. Air fry the chicken thighs at 400F degrees for 20 minutes. With tongs, flip them at the 10 minute mark and continue to cook for 10 minutes or until no longer pink and the internal temperature is 165 degrees.
How to Meal Prep Chicken Thighs
- Double or triple this air fryer chicken thighs recipe and air fry them in batches.
- Once cooled, store in an airtight meal prep container either portioned out or in one large container.
- Keep refrigerated for up to four days.
- Reheat in the air fryer or microwave when ready to eat.
Recipes That You Can Used Cooked Chicken Thighs For
There are many times that recipes called for cooked chicken. Usually leftover shredded chicken works but for when there’s none in the fridge, throwing some chicken thighs into the air fryer works perfectly. Try these easy salad recipes that pair really well with my air fryer chicken thighs.
- Chicken Salad with Spicy Mayo Dressing
- Chopped Chicken Salad
- Grilled Chicken Cabbage Salad
- Grilled Chicken Avocado Salad
How Long Does It Take To Cook Chicken Thighs in the Air Fryer
These chicken thighs only take 20 minutes to cook. However, if you have larger thighs, you will have to cook them for longer. Also, if you use chicken thighs with bone-in, it’ll take longer as well. For the most accurate cook time, use an instant read meat thermometer to make sure that the internal temperature is 165 degrees.
Change Things Up
Here are a few seasoning ideas to change things up.
- Herbes de Provence
- Italian seasoning
- BBQ chicken rub
- Lemon pepper seasoning
- Chipotle seasoning
- Mediterranean Dry Rub
- Cajun seasoning
What Should I Serve This Air Fryer Chicken Thighs With?
These air fryer chicken thighs go well with everything! Here are a few sides to make this into a complete meal:
- Spicy Roasted Cauliflower Recipe
- Cabbage Steak Recipe
- Mushroom Cauliflower Rice Skillet
- Air Fryer Wedge Potatoes
- Air Fryer Asparagus
Tips and Notes
- Be sure not to overcrowd your chicken thighs in the air fryer basket. Overcrowding will cause it to steam and not get crispy. Cook in multiple batches if needed.
- Do not stack the chicken thighs. Cook them in a single layer.
- If your air fryer model needs to be pre-heated, then do so. Different air fryer models have different needs. Make sure to consult the manual.
- Garnish with some parsley or cilantro if you desire.
- If you are worried about your chicken sticking to your air fryer basket, you can spray the basket with some oil before adding the chicken into it.
Frequently asked questions
Are chicken thighs low carb?
These air fryer chicken thighs are low carb! They’re also gluten-free, keto-friendly, paleo, and Whole30-friendly as well.
Can I air fryer from frozen?
Unlike the Instant Pot, you shouldn’t air fry frozen chicken thighs. It’ll take too long for the thighs to cook through all the way and the exterior will be tough.
More chicken thighs recipes to try:
- Easy Dijon Chicken Thighs Recipe
- Chicken and Bell Peppers Skillet (Web Story)
- Easy Baked Chicken with Brussels Sprouts
- Spicy Chicken with Cauliflower Rice
More Air Fryer Recipes to Try:
- Air Fryer Bacon
- Air Fryer Chicken Breast Recipe
- Air Fryer Chicken Wings Recipe
- Air fryer Potato Wedges
- Air Fryer Asparagus Recipe
Subscribe for new recipes & a free e-cookbook
- Using a paper towel, pat the chicken thighs to dry. Then, add them to a large glass bowl.
- In a small bowl, add dried oregano, paprika, garlic powder, coriander, cumin, salt and black pepper. Mix well.
- Sprinkle the seasonings on top of the chicken thighs and using your hands toss until fully coated.
- Place the chicken thighs skin side down in the basket of the Air Fryer. Cook at 400F degrees for 20 minutes. After 10 minutes, flip them and continue to cook for 10 minutes or until no longer pink and the internal temperature is 165F degrees. Enjoy!
Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate.
Watch the Web Stories HERE.