Simplify your weeknight dinner with this One-Pan Chicken in Mushroom Sauce. This requires little effort and it is very flavorful.
Today was such a beautiful spring day here in Toronto. I was so excited to enjoy the day that I put my baby in the stroller and walked around for about 3 hours. Since I live downtown, I love to walk around. There are always interesting things to see! It’s incredible when you have a lot of things to see and appreciate outside. You don’t even see the time pass by. Thomas was very excited and he didn’t even know what and where to look. Everything is still so new to him that it is so amazing to watch him experiencing things for the first time.
Isn’t it amazing to watch babies or even young children explore their world? They always show a huge excitement when they are discovering new things, especially simple things that we, as adults, don’t see the importance in anymore. One time, I read a quote from Akiane Kramarik that stuck with me and I totally agree with. He said, “if we experienced life through the eyes of a child, everything would be magical and extraordinary. Let our curiosity, adventure, and wonder of life … never end”. This is totally true. It’s sad that when we grow up our sense of wonder disappears for most. We always should try to find joy in the simplest things in life just because it makes everything more interesting and fun too.
One thing that always makes me happy and excited is to find new recipes that are delicious, healthy recipes that are easy to make (like the one I am sharing today). If you are like me, you probably will agree that nothing is better than a homemade chicken recipe for dinner during busy weeknights. I believe one-pan meals are great because you don’t have to worry about doing dishes since you will only use only one pan to make it. These types of recipes are always easy and quick to prepare. So, it is perfect for a busy family who still wants to eat homemade food at dinner even when they don’t have a lot of time to cook.
You can eat this recipe as a main course because it’s very satisfying with the mushrooms, but if you prefer, you can have it with delicious fluffy rice, or some pasta or roasted veggies. Mmm… yummy! I also shouldn’t forget about the salad. This one-pan chicken in mushroom sauce goes really well with any type of salad like quinoa salads, beans salad and of course green salad. Enjoy!
One-Pan Chicken in Mushroom Sauce
- 1 lb. free range organic boneless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper
For the Mushroom Sauce
- 2 tablespoons grass-fed butter
- 1 onion — diced
- 3 garlic cloves — minced
- 9 oz or 227g of cremini mushrooms
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons red wine
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon green onions — chopped
- On a plastic board, cut chicken into small pieces and season with salt and pepper.
- In a skillet over medium heat, add olive oil and sauté chicken for about 2-3 minutes. You don’t need to cook it through. Don’t forget to stir well. Set chicken aside.
- Add butter, chopped onions, and minced garlic into the same skillet. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the cremini mushrooms and sauté for more 5 minutes.
- Add the cooked chicken to the skillet, the chicken broth, red wine, thyme, bay leaf, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine all the ingredients well.
- Bring to a boil. Once it is boiling, reduce the heat and simmer it for about 8-10minutes or until the sauce is thick.
- Garnish with green onions before serving.
If you make this recipe, please don't forget to snap a photo and hashtag it #primaverakitchen. I really want to see!
If you like this One-Pan Chicken in Mushroom Sauce recipe, please share with your friends and family. Do you want to taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Google+, Instagram, and Facebook for all delicious recipes updates. As always, I really appreciate you stopping by.
More Chicken Recipes!