This easy-to-follow Healthy Chicken Stroganoff recipe is made with yogurt and it is a perfect meal for a busy weeknight dinner because it comes together in 30 minutes.
In Brazil, Chicken Stroganoff is one of the most popular dishes for dinner or even lunch. In Canada, people also like to eat Chicken Stroganoff but the difference I can see here is that people like to eat it over pasta instead of rice. All my life, I’ve never eaten stroganoff over pasta. Down there, it is over rice, but now I eat stroganoff over pasta too! I have to be honest. I am still enjoying much more stroganoff with rice than pasta. I guess it is just my preference.
Why am I calling this recipe Healthy Chicken Stroganoff? It is just because I didn’t add one cup of half cream or sour cream. For this recipe, I just used half a cup of Greek Yogurt instead since it has good quality fat and protein. If you like yogurt I am sure you will love this recipe. I have to be honest. If you don’t enjoy yogurt, you probably won’t find this recipe very tasty because you will taste a lot the flavor of the yogurt. In case you don’t eat yogurt, you can make this recipe using sour cream.
Anyway, whether you decide to eat over rice or pasta or use yogurt or sour cream, I am sure this recipe will be a big hit at your place because it is very flavorful, it is very easy to make and it will be on your table in less than 30 minutes. Please, try it and your family will thank you for this dinner!
Healthy Chicken Stroganoff
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 227 g (8oz) mushroom, sliced
- 1 cup white onions — diced
- 1 tbsp garlic — minced
- 1 cup raw chicken breast — diced
- Salt and pepper
- ½ cup white wine
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- ½ cup Greek Yogurt
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- ½ cup parsley — chopped
- Cook rice or pasta according to directions on package.
- In a large pot, heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add mushroom and sauté for about 5 minutes. Add onions and garlic and cook until browned.
- Add chicken and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook through, about 5 minutes. It can take less or more minutes. It will depend on the thickness of chicken.
- Add white wine and cook for 3 minutes.
- Now it is time to add one cup of tomato sauce and Dijon mustard and cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in yogurt and parsley.
- Serve over rice or pasta.
If you make this recipe, please don't forget to snap a photo and hashtag it #primaverakitchen. I really want to see!
If you like Healthy Chicken Stroganoff recipe, please share with your friends and family. Do you want to taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Google+, Instagram, and Facebook for all delicious recipes updates. As always, I really appreciate you stopping by.
More Chicken Recipes!