This roasted chicken recipe is simple and filling, perfect for lunch or dinner tonight. You can make this easy recipe in just a few simple steps!
I love this delicious, gluten-free, paleo, simple to cook roasted chicken breast because you will need only one pan to make this complete meal and if you use aluminium foil or parchment paper it will be even easier to clean the baking sheet after eating. Awesome!!!
Also if you love chicken breast recipes, you will love these other chicken breast from Primavera Kitchen: Baked Chicken Breast Recipe, Garlic Butter Roasted Chicken Recipe and Asparagus Stuffed Roasted Chicken Recipe.
Chicken and vegetables are a classic pairing, and so versatile when it comes to flavor options. All you need are some simple spices to bring out the natural flavors.
Plus, it is easy to make your meal spicy or globally inspired with a few extra ingredients. Also, it’s easy to make as much or as little as you need.
Whether you want dinner to feed the whole family or something for several days of lunches, this roasted chicken recipe is sure to do the trick.
There are a few different ways to approach meal prepping depending on what works with your schedule.
- Cook for the upcoming week: You can make a large quantity on your day off and portion it out for lunches or dinners. Store in individual containers and reheat as needed.
- Prep ingredients ahead of time: This is a great option if you’ll be cooking at the end of a busy day or right after work. You can chop up your vegetables the night before and store in the refrigerator until you need them. Measuring out spices and dry ingredients or making any sauces you might use can save you time as well.
- Turn leftovers into lunches: If you’re already making dinner, divide what’s left over into smaller portions, or double the recipe and put into individual containers for the rest of the week.
For this recipe, you’ll be cooking the chicken and vegetables in a large batch.
This way, you can divide them up immediately into meal prep containers, or eat some first and save the rest.
How to make the one pan roasted chicken recipe
- First, line your baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- Chop up all of your veggies and arrange them in a single layer on your pan.
- Drizzle with oil and season with salt and pepper. Then, use a mixing spatula or large spoon to toss the veggies so they are evenly coated.
- Toss the chicken breasts with oil and spices, then lay them on top of the veggies. Be sure there is plenty of space between each one. As a result, they will all cook evenly.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through. If you’re meal prepping, divide the chicken and vegetables into equal amounts and place into individual containers.
Frequently asked questions
How should I store leftovers?
Store any leftovers in the refrigerator. They will keep well for up to 3 days.
What are the best meal prep containers?
Meal prep containers are available in glass, silicone, and BPA-free plastic. Divided containers can also be helpful for when you want to keep ingredients separate. I prefer glass meal prep containers, but the material used will depend on your personal preferences.
Can I substitute something else for the chicken?
Yes, you can use a different protein in place of the chicken. Sausage links, turkey, and tofu would work well with this recipe.
Can I use different vegetables?
Yes! There are plenty of other vegetables to use for this roasted chicken recipe. Try any, or a combination of the following:
One Sheet Roasted Chicken and Vegetables
For the chicken breast
For the veggies
- 2 1/2 cups big diced potatoes
- 1 medium red bell pepper - diced
- 1 medium orange bell pepper - diced
- 1 medium green bell pepper - diced
- 1 small onion - diced
- 5 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and black pepper
- Fresh parsley for garnish - chopped
- Preheat the oven to 425˚F.
- Line a large baking/sheet pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- In a medium bowl add the chicken breast, 1/2 tbsp olive oil, Italian seasoning, paprika, garlic powder, salt and black pepper. Mix well to evenly coat the chicken. Set aside.
- Place all the veggies, add 1 tbsp of olive oil, salt and black pepper in the prepered baking sheet. Mix well to evenly coat.
- Next, place the chicken breasts on top of the veggies on the baking.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- If desired, sprinkle freshly parley over the veggies and chicken. Enjoy!
- Place an even amount of chicken and vegetables into 4 different medium glass containers. Cover with the lid and place in the fridge for up to 4 days. Heat in the microwave for about 1.5 or 2 minutes. Enjoy!
If you make this recipe, follow @primaverakitchen on Instagram, snap a photo and hashtag it #primaverakitchen. I'd love to see what you're making!
And if you like this One Sheet Roasted Chicken and Vegetables recipe, please share with your friends and family. Do you wanna taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Google +, Instagram and Facebook for all delicious recipes updates. As always, you are really appreciated for stopping by.