Grab your blender and make yourself a cup of this dairy-free, gluten-free, vegan apple smoothie for breakfast or as a snack! This easy apple smoothie recipe is packed with healthy goodness, is deliciously creamy, and takes seconds to make.
You’re going to love this creamy apple smoothie. It takes seconds to put together and is perfect for fall! Want to know my secret to a rich and creamy smoothie? Frozen bananas! This easy apple smoothie recipe uses 1 frozen banana which helps keeps the smoothie nice and cold as well as making it richer and creamier.
I like to use whole rolled oats for this apple smoothie recipe as it also helps thicken the smoothie. If you only have the instant oats, you can substitute it in a pinch, just make sure it’s not flavoured instant oats.
Smoothies are such a great way to have a nutritiously packed breakfast or snack. It’s so quick to make as you just put everything into a blender. This easy apple smoothie recipe does make two servings so you can either share with someone or store it in the fridge so you don’t have to make a second one for yourself later!
What You’ll Need To Make This Easy Apple Smoothie Recipe
- Frozen banana
- Applesauce – if you want to make applesauce at home, check out my slow cooker applesauce recipe.
- Unsweetened coconut milk – you can substitute with almond milk if you don’t have coconut milk on hand.
- Rolled oats
- Maple syrup – optional for extra sweetness.
- Ground cinnamon
- Peanut butter powder
- High powdered blender – such as a Vitamix.
How to Make an Apple Smoothie
- Add all the ingredients to a blender and puree for about 30 seconds or until everything has been fully combined.
- Taste to adjust flavour (such as adding more maple syrup for sweetness) and serve immediately.
Recipe Variations and Substitutions
- To make this recipe nut free, replace peanut butter for sun butter or simply omit the peanut butter.
- To make banana free, replace it for half of avocado or 2 dates or simply omit it, but it won’t be as creamy.
- The unsweetened coconut milk can be substituted with almond milk or your nut milk of choice.
- Chia seeds can be added to make the smoothie even thicker (or to help thicken if you remove the banana).
- Applesauce can be used in its frozen form as well for this easy apple smoothie recipe. Frozen applesauce also helps with thickening the smoothie.
How to Store Leftover Apple Smoothies
As this apple smoothie recipe makes 2 servings, you can store your leftovers in the fridge in an airtight jar or you can freeze it for later! Just thaw it overnight in the fridge and give it a shake to combine it again. If you are freezing it, make sure you can freezing it in a freezer-safe container as plastic can crack in the freezer.
Topping Ideas for This Easy Apple Smoothie Recipe
Toppings are so fun on smoothies as I feel like it really takes your smoothie from being plain to a fancy smoothie that you’d pay big bucks for at a cafe. Here are some ideas on what you can top your smoothie with to kick it up a notch!
- diced apples
- sliced bananas
- a handful of granola
- drizzle of peanut butter or nut butter
- a sprinkle of cinnamon
- some nuts or seeds for an added crunch
The Best Blender for Smoothies
My go-to blender for smoothies would be my Vitamix and it’s the the one item in my kitchen that gets used every single day as it’s a go-to tool in my kitchen. I use the Vitamix to make smoothies, my low-carb blueberry muffins, my mashed cauliflower, and lots of soups with it as well.
More individual smoothies, I love my NutriBullet as I can blend up just one single smoothie then easily wash up after. Both blenders are great and I’d recommend them if you’re looking for a new blender.
Other Healthy Smoothie Recipes to Try
- Low Carb Raspberry Smoothie
- Blueberry Banana Smoothie
- Low Carb Green Smoothie Recipe
- Low Carb Chocolate Smoothie
- Mango Green Smoothie
- Cherry Pineapple Smoothie Recipe
- Peach Green Smoothie Recipe
Easy Apple Smoothie Recipe
- Add all the ingredients to a blender and puree for about 30 seconds.
- Taste to adjust flavor and serve immediately.
If you make this recipe, follow @primaverakitchen on Instagram, snap a photo and hashtag it #primaverakitchen. I'd love to see what you're making!