This salmon salad is super light, fresh and healthy! The veggies are tossed in tangy lemon and Dijon dressing and it has the best ingredients: crunchy bell peppers and cucumber, crisp romaine lettuce, broiled salmon and red onions. So good!
Do you know what I love about this salmon salad recipe? It’s the fact that it takes only 20 minutes from start to finish to be ready to dig in. This means that this salmon salad is great for busy weeknights. It is an easy and quick way to eat healthy even when you don’t have much time to cook.
Salmon Salad Recipe
This salad is loaded with healthy fats for you especially from salmon and avocado. The dressing also has extra virgin olive, which brings even more flavour for this salmon salad.
On top of that, this salad is also full of good nutrients and vitamins from the other ingredients. Crunchy romaine lettuce and bell peppers are amazing in here. And the tangy lemon-Dijon dressing is to die for. So, crunchy veggies, good quality protein and delicious dressing are the best combination to make this salad a huge hit in your home!
How to Make this Salad
As I said before, this salad is super easy to make and just need to do a few steps in order to serve it for dinner tonight.
- First, make the dressing by pouring all the ingredients for the dressing in a Mason jar and shake, shake, shake!
- Season salmon and broil for 8-10 minutes.
- Add and mix all salad veggies together in a large salad bowl and top with salmon. Easy Peasy!
Ingredients You Need
- Sliced cucumbers
- Salmon of course 😉
- Red bell pepper
- Lemon and Dijon dressing
Salmon Salad Variations
This recipe is delicious the way it is. But, if you don’t have one of these ingredients, don’t worry because you can swap out any of the ingredients.
- Bell pepper: Try radish instead.
- Protein: Replace salmon for tilapia, cod, trout or even shrimp.
- Not a fond of fish? Use chicken or tofu instead.
- Green leaves: You can add other greens instead of romaine lettuce such as arugula, spinach and kale. It’s totally up to you.
More Salmon Recipes to Try:
- Baked Salmon in Foil Recipe
- Cedar Plank Salmon Recipe
- Spicy Salmon Recipe with Sweet Potato
- Baked Salmon Recipe
- Chopped Salmon Salad Recipe
- Broiled Salmon Recipe
Easy Salmon Salad Recipe
- For the Salmon
- 1-2 medium salmon fillets
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- For the Salad
- 4 cups romaine lettuce - chopped
- ½ cup red bell pepper - sliced
- 1/2 cup cucumber - sliced
- 1/4 cup red onion thinly sliced
- 1 avocado peeled - pitted and sliced
- For the Dressing
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven on high broil.
- Place a cast iron skillet under a pre-heated broiler for about ten minutes.
- Remove the pan from the broiler and put the salmon fillets skin-side down on the heated cast iron pan.
- Season the salmon with salt, and pepper.
- Place the cast iron back under the broiler and cook for about 8 or 10 minutes.
- While salmon is in the oven, all the ingredients for the salad in a large salad bowl. Set aside.
- In a mason jar, pour all the ingredients for the dressing and whisk everything together. Continue to whisk while streaming in the olive oil dressing. Taste to check the seasoning and pour over the salad.
- Remove salmon from the oven and let it to cool down for 5 minutes. Serve with the salad. Happy lunch 😉
If you make this recipe, follow @primaverakitchen on Instagram, snap a photo and hashtag it #primaverakitchen. I'd love to see what you're making!