This post contains affiliate links. For more information, please visit my disclosure page here.
I have an exciting post for you today!! I will share this delicious Superfood Breakfast Tacos recipe from the awesome book Let Them Eat Kale! by my dear blogger Julia from The Roasted Root. Also, I am honored to be hosting my first giveaway on this blog!! Cool, right? She was sweet enough to send me a copy of her book to give away to one lucky reader!! Isn’t that AWESOME?
When Julia asked me if I’d be interested in taking a look at her new cookbook, I was thrilled! Why? Because, she is one of my favorite bloggers, an incredible talented recipe developer and I admire everything she does. I love her sense of humor. Her posts always have me laughing! Julia is also a huge veggie lover like me and her blog is just WONDERFUL with easy, quick, nutritious and delicious recipes.
This gorgeous book is full of delicious recipes made with Kale, of course. There are 75 tasty recipes, explanation about different types of kale leaves and also different ways for preparing this green. You will find vegan, vegetarian, gluten-free and also recipes with meat. If you want to pick a copy of Let Them Eat Kale!, you can find on Amazon or in your local bookstore.
Subscribe for new recipes & a free e-cookbook
So, to celebrate her new book, I decided to make this delicious Superfood Breakfast Tacos! Although, I can’t wait to try some more recipes from her book including Vegetable Stir Fry with Turmeric Rice, Creamy Portobello and Kale Quinoa Bake, Chili Verde Shredded Chicken Enchiladas and the list goes on and on.
I picked out this Superfood Breakfast Tacos first because I just love the combo kale and sweet potato! They simply compliment each other very well. When I saw this recipe I said to myself “this recipe is calling my name”. I just think this is a great way to use kale and a very flavorful healthy breakfast meal. This breakfast taco is also packed full of flavor with onions, black beans, turmeric, ground cumin and garlic powder. All spices that I love! Want a side dish to go with this breakfast taco? Try my Golden Cauliflower Rice Recipe!
For more quick and healthy Mexican recipes, you can visit my Yummy Mexican Food Pinterest Board! Or, you can try my Instant Pot Taco Soup, Taco Stuffed Sweet Potatoes, Ground Beef Taco Salad, and Grilled Fish Tacos! They’re so easy to make and oh so flavourful!
Superfood Breakfast Tacos
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups sweet potato peel on, chopped into ½” pieces
- ½ yellow onion chopped
- 1 14-ounce can black beans
- 4 cups tightly packed kale leaves chopped
- 9 eggs
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt to taste
- In a large skillet, heat the oil to just above medium. Sauté onion and sweet potato until sweet potato is al dente and onion is softened, about 15 minutes. If necessary, add a few tablespoons of water periodically in order to help steam the sweet potato.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl, add the spices and salt, and whisk to scramble. Set aside. Remove the stems on the kale leaves and chop leaves.
- Wrap the tortillas in aluminum foil and put them in the oven at 350 degrees F until they’re hot, about 7 minutes.
- Heat the can of black beans in a saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Once the sweet potatoes are cooked to desired level of “doneness,” add the kale leaves and mix in. Allow kale leaves to soften, about 45 seconds.
- Pour eggs evenly over the veggies and cook for 1 minute. Using a spatula, flip the eggs/veggies over on top of themselves so that everything stays clumped together. Cook about 2 minutes.
- Repeat several times until eggs are cooked all the way.
- Time to prepare your tacos! Remove the tortillas from the aluminum foil, sprinkle them with cheese, then add black beans, scrambled eggs/veggies, and top with diced tomato and avocado. Enjoy your filling, nutritious breakfast!
- You can massage your kale before using so that they are more tender.
- You can use corn or flour tortillas for these tacos. Pick your favourite!
- Make sure to cut the sweet potatoes into small bite-sized pieces so you can get a bite of everything.
- To store: If you have leftover breakfast tacos, store them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- To reheat: You can reheat everything in the microwave before enjoying.
Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate.
If you like this recipe, please share with your friends and family. Do you wanna taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Google +, Instagram and Facebook for all delicious recipes updates. As always, you are really appreciated for stopping by.This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
About the giveaway
All you have to do is to leave a comment below telling me what do you like about this dish and you are entered! Giveaway is open to residents of Canada, USA and Brazil only.
The Giveaway will run from Thursday, July 31/2014 8:00am EST to Thursday August 7/2014 8:00am EST. (The Giveaway is CLOSED). Winner will be emailed and will have 48 hours to respond before a new winner is chosen. No purchase necessary to enter. Good luck!
Leave a Comment