This ultra-easy to make Goat Cheese Chicken Stuffed Sweet Potato recipe is healthy, filling, and delicious. It is made with spinach, chicken, garlic, onions, bell peppers, and goat cheese. This is definitely a perfect meal for chilly winter nights, requiring only simple ingredients.
Today, I want to share with you one of my favorite quick sweet potato recipe that happens to be a delicious, comforting meal for the cold weather! Isn’t it great when we can eat a hearty warm food that is colorful, but yet healthy during winter time?! Sweet potato recipes are perfect for this season. They are warm and filling while being completely good for you at the same time!
I love when recipes are “stuffed” like this Ground Turkey Sweet Potato Stuffed Peppers, Asparagus Stuffed Chicken Breast, Sun-Dried Tomato, Spinach and Cheese Stuffed Chicken, and my Easy Ground Turkey Stuffed Peppers. So I’m excited to share with you today’s recipe!
After all of that, let me introduce to you this yummy Goat Cheese Chicken Stuffed Sweet Potato recipe. It’s filled with very nutritious ingredients such as spinach, sun-dried tomatoes, bell peppers, onions, and diced chicken. And on top of that, you have delicious goat cheese for garnishing! Yum!!
Talking about goat cheese, this post is sponsored by the Woolwich Dairy Wholesome, which just released this light Goat Fresh Chevre Spreadable. When they told me about this product, I was so excited to try it. I was curious to know how it tastes and I wasn’t disappointed. This one is made up of clean, wholesome ingredients and fresh Ontario goat milk. It is now available in two delicious flavors: Plain ‘N’ Simple and Big Kick Herb & Garlic. Also, if you are on a diet and need to consume less sodium and fat, this is a perfect spread cheese for you.
Subscribe for new recipes & a free e-cookbook
This goat cheese spread is a great addition to this recipe. It adds more flavor and freshness to the stuffed sweet potato. Another great thing about this meal is that you can definitely make-ahead the filling. Doing this you are going to save some time in the kitchen and you will have more time to enjoy the evening with your loved ones.
Easy dinners are absolutely essential for everybody nowadays. So, this is definitely a perfect meal for chilly winter nights when you want something quick to make and also something that requires really simple ingredients.
I love using goat cheese in my recipes. Check out this Spinach, Mushroom, and Goat Cheese Slab Frittata if you want another goat cheese recipe!
Goat Cheese Chicken Stuffed Sweet Potato
- ½ tablespoon + 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- 2 cups free range organic breast chicken cut into cubes
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 cup white onions diced
- ½ tablespoon garlic clove minced
- ½ cup yellow bell pepper chopped
- ½ cup red bell pepper chopped
- ¼ cup sun-dried tomato chopped
- 3 cups spinach
- 3 tablespoons goat cheese from Woolwich Dairy
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Rub the skins of the potatoes with ½ tbsp. olive oil.
- Poke them with a fork a few times and place on baking sheet lined with parchment paper or foil.
- Bake until tender, about 40-60 minutes (it will depend on the size of the potatoes).
Make the filling:
- While potatoes are cooking, season the chicken with salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper.
- Add 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the chicken to the skillet and cook for 5 minutes or until it’s cooked through. Set aside.
- In the same skillet, add onions and cook for five minutes or until onions start to soften. Then, add garlic and cook for one more minute.
- Add bell peppers and sun-dried tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add spinach and sauté until it's all wilted and add the cooked chicken.
- Cut the sweet potato in half lengthwise (without cutting them all the way down) and stuff them with the chicken spinach mixture.
- Sprinkle the goat cheese on each sweet potato. Top with fresh parsley. Serve immediately.
- This post contains affiliate links. For more information, please visit my disclosure page here.
- As we keep the skin on, give the sweet potatoes a good scrub and pat dry before using.
- Pick wide sweet potatoes for this recipe as it's easier to stuff than long, skinny ones.
- Feel free to swap chicken breasts for chicken thighs.
- To store: Store leftovers in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 4 days. You can store the stuffing and sweet potatoes together or separately.
- To reheat: Reheat everything in a microwave until hot.
- To freeze: You can freeze the sweet potatoes and goat cheese chicken stuffing together or separately. Freeze in a freezer-safe bag for up to 3 months.
Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate.
If you like this Goat Cheese Chicken Stuffed Sweet Potato recipe, please share with your friends and family. Do you want to taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Google+, Instagram, and Facebook for all delicious recipes updates. As always, I really appreciate you stopping by.
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Woolwich Dairy Wholesome and I have been compensated for that. However, all the opinions are exclusive mine. Thanks for supporting this blog.
More Sweet Potato Recipes:
- Southern Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- Sweet Potato Chicken Kale Skillet
- Sweet Potato Zucchini Casserole
- Asparagus Sweet Potato Chicken
- Ground Turkey Sweet Potato Stuffed Peppers
- Ground Turkey Sweet Potato Skillet
- Sweet Potato, Kale and Shrimp Skillet
Leave a Comment