Turkey Bolognese Zucchini Pasta uses spiralized zucchini noodles accompanied by a delicious gluten-free turkey bolognese sauce. It’s a healthy, low-carb, and paleo meal that is very easy and quick to prepare and very satisfied.
I would like to start this post with an apology. Last week, I wasn’t here a lot. I just wrote one post about my favorite 15 Spring recipes because I had an emergency trip to Brazil. My lovely uncle passed away unexpectedly and my mom wasn’t doing very well. I also was very sad and confused but when I saw my mom suffering miles away from me, I didn’t think twice and went straight to Brazil. I had to go down there and give her a big hug. My husband was very supportive with my decision to leave for Brazil and my mom was happy to see me. It meant the world to her that I was there by her side. He was like a father to her because my grandpa passed away she was only 10 years old. So, my uncle was the one who helped my grandma raise his brother and sisters since he was the oldest of 6 children. It has been very difficult for my family. He wasn’t only an uncle. He was a father who was always ready to help people and make all of us smile.
I was away from the internet because I really wanted to spend as much time as I could with my family and it was really important. The pain of losing someone you love hits hard especially when you are not expecting it, but when you have your loved ones beside you, things get a little easier. My mom, sister, aunties, uncle, cousins, and I are slowing getting better, but I am sure we will need more time to heal. The good thing is my entire family has strong faith, which brings comfort during this difficult time. I know God is taking care of him now – he is in a better place and at peace.
I am sorry if this post is a little sad, but I felt a little sad when I was trying to write this. I didn’t want to pretend nothing happened. Now that I’m feeling much better, I felt I should share with you guys what happened. I am currently at the São Paulo airport writing this post, waiting for my flight back to Toronto 😉 I am excited to come back. When I left Canada, my husband was traveling and it’s been about 3 weeks since we’ve seen each other. I miss him a lot. Te amo, meu amor!
So, let’s forget about the sad news because life has to go on. Let’s dig in this yummy-healthy place. Don’t you feel like eating this entire delicious dish at once? And you CAN!!! Why? Because it is very low in carbs and sugar, gluten-free, and VERY easy to make. If you have all the ingredients on hand, you can make it in less than 30 minutes. When you use your spiralizer to make zucchini noodles, you save so much time. I love this tool so much. It is the best small kitchen appliance you can have. So, go ahead and try this recipe. Don’t forget to let me know how it turns out 😉
For this recipe, I used my spiralizer because it’s my favorite way to make beautiful noodles in seconds. It is so affordable, easy to store, and very efficient.
Turkey Bolognese Zucchini Pasta
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound extra lean ground turkey
- ½ medium white onion - finely chopped
- 1 celery stalk - finely diced
- Salt and ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- 3 cloves garlic - minced
- 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 6 zucchini
- 2 tbsp parmesan - shredded
- In a skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add ground turkey, onion, and celery. Season with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes.
- Sauté the turkey mixture (breaking up the turkey into small pieces) until the turkey is cooked through or for about 10minutes.
- Add garlic and sauté for 1 minute or so.
- Add in the crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, diced tomatoes, oregano, and brown sugar.
- Bring to a boil and then lower heat to medium-low and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add basil and stir to combine everything really well.
- Meanwhile, prepare the zucchini noodles using a spiralizer or mandoline slicer.
- In another skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the zucchini noodles and cook for about 3 minutes. If you cook them more than that, the zucchinis can be a little soggy. Don’t forget to stir occasionally.
- When the zucchini noodles are ready, place them on four plates. Top with bolognese zucchini pasta.
- Garnishing with parmesan.
If you make this recipe, follow @primaverakitchen on Instagram, snap a photo and hashtag it #primaverakitchen. I'd love to see what you're making!
If you like this Turkey Bolognese Zucchini Pasta, please share with your friends and family. Do you want to taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook for all delicious recipes updates. As always, I really appreciate you stopping by.
More Zucchini Recipes
p style=”text-align: center;”>