Spicy Green Beans Chicken Skillet with paprika, garlic powder and red hot pepper and of course sauté green beans is perfect for quick dinner. In less than 25 minutes, this one pan, low-carb, gluten-free, paleo and Whole30 friendlychicken dinner can be on your table!
Now that the warm days are almost gone, school is back and the vacation is over, we all got back to our routines and busy weeknights (preparing lunch for the next day, doing homework and preparing dinner). That’s why we need quick dinner recipe ideas to make our lives a little bit easier, since we all agree that dinner can be one of the toughest parts of the day on busy nights.
So all we need is: easy-and-quick-one-pan-meals to please the whole family. And let’s not forget that the last meal of the day also needs to be healthy, loaded with nutrients and good quality protein.
This Spicy Green Beans Chicken Skillet is here to fit all your need to feed you and your family well with no time and using just few ingredients. Can’t forget to say that this recipe is low-carb, gluten-free, paleo and Whole30 friendly.
We love to have this recipe on its own, but sometimes I also serve it with cauliflower rice or regular rice, mashed cauliflower or traditional mashed potatoes too and of course let’s not forget the green salad. Mm… So good and perfect for busy weeknight dinner!
Tips to make this Spicy Green Beans Chicken Skillet recipe?
- I just add 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice to the chicken at the end of cooking time. But if you’re a lemon flavor lover add 2 tablespoons of lemon juice to more of the citric flavor.
- It’s important that heat well the olive oil in the pan before adding the chicken to give this brown and nice look to the chicken.
- Once the chicken is browned, reduce the heat to medium-low, which will allow the chicken to cook though without burning the outside.
- I love very crispy and crunch green beans and for this reason I don’t blanch them before adding to the skillet. But, if you prefer, you can do it by bringing a pot of salted water to a boil and adding green beans into the boiling water for 2 minutes. When time is over, remove them andplace in an ice bath to stop the cooking process. Then, add to the skillet to sauté.
- If you are not paleo or doing whole 30, you can totally sprinkle some freshly grated Parmesan cheese on top of this recipe when it’s done for more flavour if you prefer.
How to make this Spicy Green Beans Chicken Skillet?
- This Easy Garlicky Chicken and Green Beans Skillet recipe begins with chicken breast cut in small cubes and season with salt and pepper, paprika, onion powder and lemon juice. You also can add any other type of spices you have such as cumin, coriander, garlic powder and so on. It’s totally up to you.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet (10 to 12-inch skillet is great) and about the skillet to be very hot to add the chicken. It will help to get the crispy and brown look we all love!
- Cook chicken until it gets the internal temperature of 165˚F. Once it’s done, set it aside and start cooking the green beans.
- In the same skillet, add more olive oil, garlic and red hot chilli pepper. If you can handle the heat, keep the seeds from the red hot chilli peppers. If not, just remove the seeds from the red hot chilli peppers. It’ll still a nice kick to the dish.
- Now it’s time for cooking the green beans. Just add it to the skillet and sauté for 3 minutes and don’t forget to stir occasionally.
- Then to cook faster, add chicken broth, close the skillet and cook for more 3-5 minutes. The time will depend on how crispy you prefer your green beans to be.
- Now, all you need to do is to bring chicken back to the skillet, give a nice stir and serve immediately. Easy and quick!
More One-Pan Skillet Recipes:
- Chimichurri Chicken Green Beans Skillet
- Sweet Potato Green Beans Shrimp Skillet
- Ground Turkey Skillet with Green Beans
- Easy Cauliflower Fried Rice Recipe
- Asparagus Sweet Potato Chicken Skillet
Spicy Green Beans Chicken Skillet
- 1 lb. free range organic boneless chicken breasts
- Salt and ground fresh black pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 +1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves — minced
- ½ teaspoon red hot chilli pepper — chopped (for less heat remove the seed of the red hot chilli pepper)
- 2-3 cups green beans — trimmed and cut in small pieces
- 2 tablespoons chicken broth or water — if necessary
- On a plastic board, cut the chicken into small pieces and season with salt and pepper, paprika, onion powder and lemon juice. Mix everything well.
- In a skillet over medium heat, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and after 2 minutes add the chicken.
- Sauté the chicken for about 7-10 minutes or until it is cooked through. Don’t forget to stir well. Set chicken aside.
- In the same skillet, add another 1-tablespoon of olive oil, garlic and red hot chilli pepper. Sauté for 30 seconds and be careful to not burn the garlic.
- Add green beans and sauté for 3 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Add chicken broth and close the skillet and cook for about 3-5 minutes or so. The time will depend on how crispy you prefer your green beans to be.
- Bring chicken back to the skillet, give a nice stir and serve immediately.
If you make this recipe, please don't forget to snap a photo and hashtag it #primaverakitchen. I really want to see!
If you like this Spicy Green Beans Chicken Skillet recipe, please share with your friends and family. Do you want to taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Google+, Instagram, and Facebook for all delicious recipes updates. As always, I really appreciate you stopping by.