This Sweet Potato Arugula Salad Recipe is packed with pistachios, sweet potato, feta cheese and a delicious honey Dijon vinaigrette that pairs deliciously with arugula.
Now that summer is officially over, the temperatures are getting colder and we start to crave more comfort foods. However, that doesn’t mean you have to eat fatty and heavy meals all the time. In fact, we can still eat healthy during the cold weather such as soup, chili and salads. Yes, you are reading SALAD! I know so many people don’t enjoy eating salads this time of this year, but if you switch up the ingredients of your summer salads for fall components such as root veggies and fruits like apple, figs and pears, you will love it. Let’s try to bring the habit of eating salad into fall season too.
Since this is a crazy time of year for most of us, I thought it’s a great time to share one of my favourite meal size salad recipes with you because it’s so filling and very easy and quick to make. This salad is also great to take with you to the office for a healthy and nourishing lunch.
This Sweet Potato Arugula Salad is very flavourful especially because the homemade honey Dijan vinaigrette and the roasted sweet potatos and is also packed with protein from the eggs. On top of that, the pistachios add great crunch and texture to the salad. I’m telling you this is a great option to have this season and you won’t even miss your corn/tomato salad from Summer.
- In a large salad bowl, mix together the arugula, sweet potato, feta and pistachios.
- Just before serving, add the homemade salad dressing and toss until all the ingredients are coated.
- Then, place the eggs on top of the salad.
- Season with salt and ground black pepper to taste.
- Do you have an Instant Pot? Try my Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs!
- You can buy pre-cut sweet potatoes to roast. This will save you quite a bit of prep time!
- I like using blocks of feta instead of pre-crumbled feta as I find them less dry.
- To store: I recommend not adding the dressing to the salad if you plan on storing it in the fridge as it can get soggy. This salad lasts for up to 4 days in the fridge when stored separately.
Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate.
And if you like this Sweet Potato Arugula Salad recipe, please share with your friends and family. Do you wanna taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Google +, Instagram and Facebook for all delicious recipes updates. As always, you are really appreciated for stopping by.
More Green Salad Recipes!