This is the easiest roasted lemon chicken legs recipe in the world. It is full of flavours from the garlic, lemon, herbs and it is perfect for a quick and delicious meal.
Today, I bring you a very delicious, but inexpensive weeknight meal. This roasted chicken legs is definitely a beautiful and elegant dish because everything tastes and looks beautiful when cook with herbs and sliced citrus.
We all know that chicken doesn’t have much flavor unless we add lots of garlic, herbs and lemon juice when we are cooking it. But when you cook with all these ingredients, every single chicken recipe tastes like haven. Am I lying? I guess not! So, this recipe is impossible to mess up, especially if you marinate your chicken overnight. The longer they marinate the better.
Don’t be cheap on the lemon. Lemon is awesome! I use lemon to cook a lot, to make my green juice, green smoothie and I also drink hot lemon water almost everyday in the morning before my breakfast. So, I guess you see how much I LOVE lemon and if I don’t have them at home I get in a panic. They really add delicious fragrances to the food and the juice just brightens all the other flavors in any recipes.
When I make chicken at home I always serve it with a delicious Leek Kalamatra Rice or some quick and easy quinoa salad. They are perfect combinations to this dish. I hope you enjoy this Roasted Lemon Chicken Legs as much I do.
- 12 chicken legs (drumsticks)
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp dried oregano leaves
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper
- 3 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 slices of lemon for garnishing
- 1 tsp fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- In a bowl, season (chicken legs) drumsticks with died oregano, dried thyme, smoked paprika, salt, pepper and garlic. Place in a container and add the olive oil and lemon juice. Toss everything very well.
- Marinate overnight.
- Place the chicken pieces in a large casserole dish (9x13).
- Roast for 30 minutes until it begins to brown.
- Flip pieces and bake a remaining 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked.
- Garnish with lots of fresh parsley and slices of lemon
Want to browse all of my healthy recipe posts? Follow my Primavera Kitchen Board on Pinterest!!! I have great Pinterest Boards such as Healthy Dinner, and Chicken Recipes.
If you like this Leek Kalamata Rice recipe, please share with your friends and family. Do you wanna taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Google +, Instagram and Facebook for all delicious recipes updates.