This easy and quick meatless zucchini red bell pepper frittata combines eggs with zucchini, red bell pepper and onion to make a delicious dish for a healthy lunch option.
Hello, guys!! How was your weekend? I hope you had an awesome weekend. Last Sunday was a beautiful day and we invited some friends over, took a long walk downtown and we had lobster roll for lunch/dinner. In the evening we watched the closing ceremonies of the Pan American Games and the fireworks at the CN Tower. It was a beautiful show full of lights and colors. I am glad that we are finally having a great weather, after weeks and weeks of rain and cloudy days.
Since the weather has been so good these days the last thing I wanted to do was to be cooking for hours. So, I thought I could make this frittata for dinner because it is the easiest and quickest recipe to prepare when you don’t have much time to cook. We all love frittata because it is full of nutrients from the veggies and protein from the eggs. On top of that frittata just makes good use of whatever ingredients you have on hand. This recipe is great for those moments when you reach the end of the week and your fridge is almost empty but you still have some zucchini or any other veggie just waiting to be cooked.
Normally the frittata recipe calls for 8 eggs, but I want to make it a little healthier. I decided to make it with 5 eggs and ½ cup of almond milk for the egg mixture. I also just added ¼ cup of Parmesan cheese because I want to get a brown look on the top of the frittata. This is my vegetarian version of a frittata but if you want you can even add some meat, fish, ham in here that it will be delicious too. You just need to be creative to make this flavorful dish for you and your family.
Zucchini Red Bell Pepper Frittata
This easy and quick meatless frittata combines eggs with zucchini, red bell pepper and onion to make a delicious dish for a healthy lunch option.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ medium onion, chopped
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large zucchini, diced (about 2 cups)
- 5 large eggs, lightly beaten
- ½ cup almond milk
- ¼ tsp crushed red peppers
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- Salt and pepper
- Optional: 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Over medium-low heat, heat oil in a 9-inch cast iron skillet.
- Add onion and cook until slightly golden brown
- Add peppers and cook 5 more minutes or until they are soft.
- Then add zucchini and cook for about 4 minutes.
- In a medium bowl whisk eggs, almond milk, Parmesan, red flake peppers, dried parsley, salt and pepper.
- Pour the egg mixture to the cast iron skillet, making sure eggs cover the vegetable mixture.
- When the edges begin to set, move skillet to oven.
- Bake it for about 10-15 minutes, or until frittata is completely cooked. Serve warm with a delicious salad. Enjoy!
If you make this recipe, please don't forget to snap a photo and hashtag it #primaverakitchen. I really want to see!
Products Featured in this Recipe:
(may include affiliate links)
If you like Zucchini Red Bell Pepper Frittata recipe, please share with your friends and family. Do you wanna taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Google +, Instagram and Facebook for all delicious recipes updates. As always, you are really appreciated for stopping by.
More Zucchini Recipes