These homemade Spicy Meatballs with Veggies are healthier and tastier than other meatballs recipes because these goodies are filled with lots of veggies. You can chose to eat these meatballs on their own or with my simple tomato sauce and some whole wheat pasta.
When I was preparing the ingredients I noticed that I had zucchinis in my fridge, but I chose not to use them because they can make the mixture very watery. Bu if you want to use zucchini you can, just add a little more of breadcrumbs. This tip will work for every veggie that is a bit watery. Peppers also are a bit watery, especially after you shredded them. That’s why I didn’t shred them. I just cut in very small pieces and dried them with a towel paper.
I always use whole wheat or gluten-free breadcrumbs because it is healthier and lighter than the traditional one, but if you don’t have, go ahead and use the one you have on hand since it will be delicious anyway. I put just enough breadcrumbs to soak up the liquid from the veggies and to make the mixture to adhere better.
As some of you know, we love spices of any kind. I just think they bring the dish to another level. So, I add a little bit of cumin, coriander and chili power to my mixture. You won’t be disappointed. In fact, you will really love it. However, you don’t have to add them if you are not a big fan of cumin and so on.
- 1 pound extra-lean ground turkey
- 1 cup yellow pepper chopped
- 1 cup mushroom (any type of your preference) chopped
- ½ cup carrot chopped
- 1 cup onion chopped
- ½ cup parsley chopped
- ¾ cup gluten-free breadcrumbs
- 2 organic eggs beaten
- ½ tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsb coriander
- 1 tsb cumin
- ½ tsb chili pepper powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400°F degrees.
- In a large bowl combine extra-lean ground turkey, yellow pepper, mushrooms, carrots, onion, parsley, gluten-free breadcrumbs and mix carefully.
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs, add all the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the veggies and meat mixture bowl.
- Use your hands to mix everything together and roll the mixture into meatballs.
- Spray oil cooking on a baking sheet and place the meatballs on it.
- Bake for approximately 25-30 minutes or until they are evenly brown.
- When they have finished baking, you can serve with a delicious tomato sauce and whole wheat spaghetti.
I really hope you enjoy this spicy turkey meatballs with veggies recipe and try it at home. Remember, don’t be afraid to try something new in your kitchen. Many times mistakes make things even more amazing.
Now, it is your turn. I would love to hear from you. Let me know what you like about this recipe.
If you enjoy this recipe, please share with your family and friends. As usually, thank YOU so much for reading.
Bring joy and more veggies into your life