Sautéed zucchini with garlic butter is a quick and easy, low carb side dish. Make it for dinner tonight in less than 10 minutes!
Some of my favorite zucchini recipes are just as easy to make as this one is.
Make my Zucchini Noodle Soup Recipe, or my Easy Zucchini Cauliflower Rice. I also love these main dishes made with zucchini Ingredient Chicken Zucchini Boats, Low-Carb Chicken Zucchini Enchilada, 4-Ingredient Chicken Zucchini Rolls and this Spinach and Zucchini Lasagna Recipe.
Ingredients for garlic butter sautéed zucchini
- Extra-virgin olive oil – You can easily substitute any flavor oil you prefer.
- Butter – Because there’s salt in this recipe, it’s best to use unsalted butter. If you only have butter with salt in it, I suggest that you omit the salt from this recipe.
- Fresh garlic cloves
- Italian seasoning – You can use a seasoning blend, or make your own at home.
- Crushed red pepper flakes
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Fresh parsley, for garnish.
How to sauté zucchini
- Heat the pan. Set a large skillet over medium heat and get it nice and hot. Then, add olive oil and butter and let the butter melt.
- Add garlic and cook for about 30 seconds, or until it’s fragrant, Be careful because garlic burns easily.
- Add zucchini and your seasonings. Use a wooden spoon or tongs to coat the zucchini in the butter/oil.
- Cook until tender. It will take about 7 minutes to saute zucchini. You will know it’s ready when it becomes caramel in color. Then, garnish with parsley and you’ll be ready to serve.
Protein dishes to go with this Garlic Butter Sautéed Zucchini:
- Garlic Butter Baked Pork Chops
- Baked Chicken Breast Recipe
- Garlic Butter Baked Chicken Breast
- Easy Broiled Salmon Recipe
- How to Cook Salmon in the Oven
- Simple Garlic Butter Salmon Recipe
Garlic Butter Sautéed Zucchini
In a large skillet, add olive oil and butter over medium heat.
Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 30 seconds.
Add zucchini, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper and a pinch of red pepper flakes. Cook until zucchini is tender for about 7 minutes.
Garnish with parsley.
Serve warm. Enjoy!
Nutrition InformationAmount per serving (1/4) — Calories: 98, Fat: 9g, Saturated Fat: 4g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g, Monounsaturated Fat: 3g, Cholesterol: 15mg, Sodium: 71mg, Potassium: 251mg, Carbohydrates: 3g, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 1g, Protein: 1g
If you make this recipe, follow @primaverakitchen on Instagram, snap a photo and hashtag it #primaverakitchen. I'd love to see what you're making!