Subscribe to receive new recipes!
Taste more! Sign up and you'll be getting to your inbox brand new content weekly such as recipes, cooking tips, videos and my FREE E-COOKBOOK.
If you prefer stay home and have your romantic dinner at home for Valentine’s Day why not to make a delicious comforting meal like this skinny lasagna rolls recipe? It is easy and quick to make! Also, you and your love are going to stay warm and avoid the crowed restaurants.
Happy almost-Valentine’s Day!
The winter months tend to be full of heavy, carbohydrates dishes that fill your body and keep you and your home warm. Of course these dishes are so delicious, but they are very high in calories too.
So, why not to light up your comforting food recipes? This is what I did with this healthy, light and skinny lasagna rolls. If comforting food can be healthy if you use the right ingredients. You don’t need to use the high fat and lots of carbs products there are out there.
You can always find better quality and low fat cheese to buy. For this recipe I used part-skim milk ricotta and mozzarella to reduce the amount of fat and calories of this dish.
I also used whole wheat lasagna for the extra fiber you get when you cook with whole wheat ingredients. So, I made skinny lasagna rolls without sacrificing in flavour, of course!I have to say that this lasagna was very delicious and this is not only my opinion. I invited some friends to try it and they love it. However, I found this recipe were even more flavourful the next day 😉 So, make it on the weekend and have the leftovers for lunch during the week.
When it’s really cold outside, stay warm and cozy inside eating this skinny lasagna rolls, because why spend lots of money at a restaurant when you can make this comforting meal?
- 7 whole wheat lasagna noodles
- 15 oz part-skim ricotta
- 2 tbsp parsley, chopped
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 16 oz part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 4 cups homemade tomato sauce or any other tomato sauce of your preference
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Once the water is boiling, add lasagna noodles and cook for time indicated on package. Drain the pasta, rinse and transfer to a bowl.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- In a medium bowl mix ricotta cheese, parsley, an egg and parmesan cheese. Stir well.
- Ladle about 1 cup of homemade tomato sauce in a baking dish and spread it well.
- Start assembling your lasagna roll ups by placing of wax paper, aluminum foil or a clean cutting board on the counter and lay out lasagna noodles.
- Spread about 3 tablespoons of the ricotta mixture first and 2 tablespoon of the homemade tomato sauce over each individual lasagna noodle. Then, sprinkle some mozzarella cheese.
- Carefully roll up and place seam side down in rows in the baking dish.
- After that, use remaining tomato sauce to top the lasagna rolls. Sprinkle Parmesan and mozzarella cheese.
- Bake covered with foil for approximately 30 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for 15-20 minutes more until cheese is melted.
Want to browse all of my healthy recipe posts? Follow my Primavera Kitchen Board on Pinterest!!! I also have great Pinterest Boards such as Healthy Dinner, Healthy Pasta Meal, Healthy Slow Cooker Meals and Soups and Stews. I hope you enjoy all the delicious and healthy recipes I have there!!
If you like this recipe, please share with your friends and family. Do you wanna taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Google +, Instagram and Facebook for all delicious recipes updates.
How about Spinach Zucchini Lasagna next?
Or this delicious Vegetable Lasagna Roll ups!