Subscribe to receive new recipes!
Taste more! Sign up and you'll be getting to your inbox brand new content weekly such as recipes, cooking tips, videos and my FREE E-COOKBOOK.
This Turkey Sausage Skillet with Brussel Sprouts and Sweet Potatoes is a perfect, easy and quick one-pot gluten free meal to make in only 20mins.
If you are one of my readers you probably noticed that I love recipes made in a skillet and I guess it is not only me who enjoys these type of recipes because the most popular recipes on my blog are skillet recipes such as my Sweet Potato, Kale and Shrimp Skillet and Ground Turkey Sweet Potato Skillet.
I recently created a post with 6 Recipes You Can Make in a Pre-seasoned Skillet because I was trying to show you how easy is to make a healthy and tasty dinner in no time using this awesome and very useful pan. I really recommend this pre-seasoned skillet because the food you make with it is much more flavorful.
I love one-pot meals because they don’t require lots of ingredients and also because they are very easy to put together. In this recipe I used sweet potato and brussel sprouts but you can replace this ingredients with butternut squash, green beans and even broccolis. Just don’t say you won’t make this recipe because you don’t have sweet potato or brussel sprouts. I also top it with feta cheese because I really love the combo for this cheese with sweet potato. But of course you can use another type of cheese like mozzarella. So, I think you should give this recipe a try and let me know on the comments below what you think about it. Have a lovely day.
Please, if you recreate this recipe, please take a picture and tag @primaverakitchen and #primaverakitchen on Instagram! I would love to see your version. Thanks a lot.
- In a large iron cast skillet, cook the turkey sausage over medium heat until browned. It will take about 10-15 minutes.
- Then transfer the sausages to a plate. When cool enough to handle, cut into ¼-inch thick slices and set aside.
- Add onions to the skillet and cook until onions are soft and golden.
- Add garlic and cook for about 30 seconds.
- Add sweet potato and brussel sprouts and cook until soft. It is about 10-15mins. In case you need, add a few tablespoons of water to help steam the sweet potato and the brussel sprouts.
- Add reserved turkey sausage and stir well for 1 minute.
- Add salt, pepper and ed pepper flakes to taste.
- If necessary, adjust seasoning and add more olive oil to add more flavor.
- Garnish with fresh green onions and feta cheese.
If you like this Turkey Sausage Skillet with Brussel Sprouts and Sweet Potatoes recipe, please share with your friends and family. Do you wanna taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Google +, Instagram and Facebook for all delicious recipes updates. As always, you are really appreciated for stopping by.
More Sweet Potato Recipes!