Try this Sun-Dried Tomato, Spinach, and Cheese Stuffed Chicken recipe and you’ll never say again that chicken breast recipes are not flavorful.
This chicken is stuffed with sun-dried tomato in oil, spinach, and mozzarella cheese. Then, you sear it in a cast iron skillet and bake in the oven for about 20 minutes. It’s super juicy and delicious!
When this Sun-Dried Tomato, Spinach, and Cheese Stuffed Chicken recipe from RecipeTin Eats showed up on my Pinterest feed, it totally grabbed my attention because it looked very juicy, and flavorful. It is easy to make and at the same time sophisticated and elegant. Wouldn’t it be awesome to serve at a dinner party with friends?
The best part of this recipe is that you can stuff the chicken breast with pretty much anything you want such as olives, another type of cheese (feta, ricotta), kale, bell peppers, onions, and the list goes on and on. Check out my Spinach and Feta Stuffed Chicken Breasts or Asparagus Stuffed Chicken Breast for some inspiration! So, with all those ingredients, this recipe is seriously satisfying since it’s packed with protein and fibers. On top of that, it’s also gluten-free and low-carb.
I also love how flavourful sun-dried tomatoes are and love using it in my Sun-dried Tomato Pesto Shrimp Asparagus Skillet, Sun-dried Tomato Pesto Cauliflower Salad, and Spaghetti Squash with Sun dried Tomato and Basil!
Subscribe for new recipes & a free e-cookbook
I would like to say I used 3 medium chicken breasts. Because of the size of my chicken breasts, I think these Sun Dried Tomato, Spinach, and Cheese Stuffed Chicken breasts feed easily 4 people. But if you cook with smaller chicken breasts, you might want to use 4 chicken breasts.
Then, when the chicken breasts are stuffed, just sear them in a cast iron skillet for about 2 minutes and place the skillet in the oven for 20 minutes or so. And done!
These Sun-Dried Tomato, Spinach, and Cheese Stuffed Chicken breasts are great with some rice, pasta, quinoa salad, roasted vegetables, cauliflower mashed “potato” or even on its own.
Love this Sun-Dried Tomato, Spinach, and Cheese Stuffed Chicken recipe? Let’s try to make it!
Sun Dried Tomato, Spinach and Cheese Stuffed Chicken
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 8 oz (226g) medium free range organic chicken breasts 3 pieces, boneless and skinless
- Salt and black pepper
- ½ cup sun-dried tomato chopped (oil packed)
- 6 slices mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup spinach
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Place the chicken breasts on a cutting board and cut a pocket into each chicken breast, but don’t cut all the way through.
- Season the chicken with salt and black pepper (inside and out).
- Stuff the chicken breast with chopped sun-dried tomato.
- Stuff the chicken breast with the cheese.
- Stuff the chicken breast with the spinach leaves.
- Using toothpicks, seal the stuffed chicken breast.
- In a cast iron skillet, add olive oil over high heat.
- Add chicken and sear it for about 2 minutes just until the chicken gets golden brown.
- Place the skillet in the oven and bake for 20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Enjoy with spinach salad, rice, quinoa salad, or on its own.
- I recommend shredding your own mozzarella as pre-shredded cheese tends to not melt as smoothly.
- Make sure to buy chicken breasts that are similar in size and thickness so they cook evenly.
- Careful not to overstuff the chicken breasts as the filling will lead out.
- To store: Store leftover chicken breasts in an airtight container for up to 4 days in the fridge.
- To reheat: You can reheat in the microwave when ready to eat. You can also eat chicken cold.
- To freeze: You can freeze stuffed chicken breasts in a freezer-safe bag or container for up to 3 months.
Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate.
And if you like this Sun-Dried Tomato, Spinach, and Cheese Stuffed Chicken recipe, please share with your friends and family. Do you want to taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Google+, Instagram, and Facebook for all delicious recipes updates. As always, I really appreciate you stopping by.
Leave a Comment